128k Sequential Read/Write
128k sequential speed reflects the maximum sequential throughput of the SSD. The Toshiba HK3R averages 514 MB/s, and the Samsung 845DC EVO squeaks by with an average of 526MB/s at 256 OIO. The Micron M500DC averages 417 MB/s, while the Intel DC S3500 delivers an average of 441 MB/s.
The 845DC EVO provides the lowest overall latency, but the HK3R is close on its heels.
Sequential write performance is important in replication tasks, database logging, and content delivery applications. The Toshiba HK3R performs excellently in this test, with a blistering 128k sequential write speed of 456 MB/s. This is far above the 271 MB/s in the HK3R's specifications, and changes the picture significantly for the HK3R. The 845DC EVO trails with 427 MB/s, the M500DC averages 388 MB/s, and the DC S3500 is within striking distance with 424 MB/s.
The HK3R pulls ahead of the competition in latency performance.
The M500DC continues to provide an advantage in mixed sequential workloads. The HK3R comes in second, but experiences significant variability.
The HK3R averages 4.12 watts, the 845 DC EVO wins with an average of 4.14 watts, the M500DC averages 5.24 watts, and the DC S3500 averages 4.83 watts.
The Toshiba HK3R tops the efficiency chart with 111 MB/s per watt, the 845DC EVO averages 99 MB/s per watt, the M500DC averages 73 MB/s per watt, and the DC S3500 averages 87 MB/s per watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Toshiba HK3R Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5's world evolves based on your decisions
- OnePlus Confirms: OnePlus 3T is being discontinued
- Final Fantasy VII Remake coming in 'next 2 to 3 years'
- Far Cry 5 release date announced with new trailer
- iPhone 9 to come in two OLED models - 5.28 and 6.46-inch
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Free Paypal Money Adder Online Tool Legit 2017
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017