Alpenfoehn CPU Cooler
Our first look at the Sella shows a stack of thirty-nine aluminium fins that are press fit over a trio of 6mm diameter heat pipes. Moving to the base, we can see the top offers a passive heat sink above the area where the pipes make direct contact to the CPU.
With such a compact cooler, it is nice to see that the sides of the cooler have been closed off to make the most of the air flow from the 92mm fan. Wire fan clips can be attached on either side of the closed section. As we look near the bottom, we can see an old style AMD latch blocking the pipes.
We took another angle as we looked at the back of the Sella; this way, the edge design of the fins are in full view. So, along with closed sides, the fins are arranged to allow air to flow deeper into some sections, and get disturbed faster in other sections to increase flow and efficiency.
As we would expect, this side is also enclosed just like the other side was, and at the bottom we find the other latch for the AMD style mounting this cooler uses with both Intel and AMD mounting.
The top of the cooler allows the pipe tips to protrude through the natural brushed aluminum fins, and even has the Alpenfoehn name embossed into the fin between the pipes.
Alpenfoehn chose to go with the sticker style protection for the base of the Sella. This sticker is easy to spot, and informs users that it needs to be removed prior to installation.
The trio of 6mm heat pipes are spread across the base, and have sections of aluminium from the base running between them. We can see that the base was milled all at once, and is relatively flat. There are some gaps next to the pipes to contend with, and we see no TIM in there now, so we can assume these are in direct contact with the aluminium chunk of the base.
By skipping ahead, and utilizing some of the hardware and the 92mm fan, we can get a much better sense of what the cooler looks like, and just how compact this cooler really is.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Alpenfoehn Sella CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ZOTAC's new Sonix PCIe 480GB SSD reads at 2.8GB/sec
- Halloween Sale: Under $7 for Evil Within & Mad Max
- ZOTAC's new mini PC packs full-sized GeForce GTX 1080
- Brand new Intel Kaby Lake HP laptops, up to $510 Off
- ZOTAC teams with Thermaltake on new GTX 1080 ArcticStorm
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards