Version and / or Patch Used: Latest Steam Update
When it comes to stock PCMark 8 performance, you can see the i7 5960X EE sits just ahead of the i7 4960X EE. Sitting just ahead, though, means that we're falling behind the i7 4790K and its higher clock speeds. Saying that, though, you can see when it comes to the Home preset, the i7 5960X EE manages to sneak out just slightly ahead of it i7 4770K.
Overclocking yields some massive gains across the board that put it easily ahead of everything else. You could argue overclocking the i7 47960K will also yield big performance gains. However, our testing has shown due to the limited amount of overclocking headroom on the platform, there's not all that much more performance to be had out of it under PCMark 8. You can get a closer look at this from any of our recent motherboard reviews.
Version and / or Patch Used: 0.99
While out of the box the i7 5960X EE performance is stronger than the i7 4960X EE, you can see it does lag behind the i7 4790K in this particular benchmark. When it comes to overclocking, though, it really is more down to the raw clock speed under HyperPi, as we see our i7 5960X EE close the gap significantly and score pretty much even with the i7 47960K.
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.00.1035BETA
Looking at cache performance out of the box, you can see it just blows the other setups out of the water. The L2 and L3 numbers are great against the other processors, but you can see the L1 numbers are just huge, jumping well and truly in front of everything else.
Increasing the core clock a solid 900MHz just helps push those performance numbers even higher. You can see at this speed the new i7 5960X EE on the X99 platform leaves everything else for dead.
Looking at quad-channel DDR4 performance against DDR3 performance, you can see while the read number jumps only slightly, the write and copy numbers show more of a gain against it. When it comes to overclocking, you can see that just like the Z97 and Z87 platform, the extra MHz clock from the CPU does little to nothing to improved memory performance.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Haswell-E - The New Processors]
- Page 3 [Wellsburg (X99) - The New Chipset]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8, HyperPi and AIDA64]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PassMark PerformanceTest, CINEBENCH and Adobe Lightroom]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - MediaEspresso and Handbrake]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Gaming & Power and Temperature Tests]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- COD: Infinite Warfare - best-selling game of 2016 in US
- The entire gaming market slumped 12% in the US last year
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni