Test System Setup and Overclocking
We've got a bunch of boards in our graphs today, and we've finally replaced all of our Z97 showings here with boards that are using our newer i7 4790K processor. Although, we still have the older ASRock Z87 Killer using the i7 4770K. Sitting alongside that, and the MSI Z97I AC, we have the ASRock Z97X Killer, GIGABYTE Z97X Gaming G1 Wi-Fi-BK Black Edition, ASUS Z97-A, and the GIGABYTE Z97N GAMING-5, which is another Mini-ITX board we looked at lately.
Before we get into the performance side of things, we need to quickly cover what is going on with overclocking. Earlier, we headed into the BIOS and thought we would try for the 47x multiplier. With that set, along with an increase in voltages, we headed back into Windows to see if everything worked okay. After running some benchmarks, we saw everything was working great, so we figured we'd head back to the BIOS and test our luck with a 48x multiplier.
With our CPU at 4.8GHz, we got into Windows with no issue, but as soon as we started to run a benchmark, our machine blue screened straight away. With that failing to work, we headed back into the BIOS, moved to the 47x multiplier, and tried to do something with the BCLK. With a little bit of testing, we could get the 101 BCLK working with the 47x multiplier. Unfortunately, it wasn't 100% stable, and we had to move back to the base 100 BCLK. In the end, we had our system running stable at 4.7GHz.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability, and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Path of Exile is coming to Xbox One
- Halo 6 won't be Project Scorpio launch game after all
- Tekken 7 release date will be announced next week
- NZXT shows off new Puck cable management system
- Switch's add-on box to use the cloud to boost GPU power?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup