The BIOS for this motherboard is standard for server motherboards, so we will only show a few BIOS screens.
This is the main BIOS screen, which shows basic system information.
The advanced tab brings you to the main advanced screen.
The advanced onboard LAN I354 configuration screen allows you to enable or disable the Intel LAN function in the system and launch the Intel LAN OpROM functions.
The PCI Bus Driver screen allows you to configure the PCI, PCI-X and PCI Express settings.
The CSM (Compatibility Support Module) screen allows you to configure settings to support the various VGA, bootable devices and add-on devices.
The IntelIRCSetup screen has items that allow you to change the processor and chipset settings.
Here are the advanced processor settings in the IntelIRCSetup menu.
Next up is the Thermal Configuration settings.
Now we are looking at the Server Management BIOS screen. Here you can change server management status and find the IP address to connect to for IPMI/iKVM.
The Security menu allows you to changes passwords, and customizes the secure boot settings.
The boot menu allows you to change options on how the system will boot.
The Monitor menu allows you to see various system temperatures and power status and change fan settings.
The ASUS P9A-I/C2550/SAS/4L comes with three driver DVD's:
S556: ASWM Enterprise SDVD Durian Edition Rev 3.0
S557: ASMB7 Support DVD Rev 6.0
S558: P9A-I Series SDVD Rev 1.0
Let us take look at the S558: P9A-I Series SDVD Rev 1.0 disk that has drivers for the P9A-I/C2550/SAS/4L.
After inserting the S558: P9A-I Series SDVD Rev 1.0 driver disk, you will see the main menu. This has all the drivers you will need to get your motherboard up and running.
The Utilities menu shows the applications and utilities that you can install.
The make disk menu will create a RAID controller driver disk for you using the Marvell 9485 SAS/SATA controller.
The manual menu contains the P9A-I user guide.
The contact menu contains contact information in case you should need it.
After inserting the S557: ASMB7 Support DVD Rev 6.0, you will see this menu.
The Manual menu has a series of manuals for ASWM Enterprise.
Remote Access is supplied by the IPMI 2.0 with virtual media over LAN and KVM over LAN support. Be sure to have a LAN cable plugged into the dedicated IPMI LAN port.
We find our remote access IP address located in the BIOS under the IPMI Tab. In our case, this was 126.96.36.199. Enter that into your browser and you will see the login screen.
As a best practice, administrative users should change factory default Username/Password logins before connecting any new server to their network.
After logging in, we come to the home screen and system information is displayed. There is also a remote control option for iKVM.
The next tab is FRU (Field Replacement Unit) menu.
Next up is the Server Health menu. This shows temperatures and voltages for the server.
The Configuration menu allows you to change many features on the server, Active Directory settings, DNS, LDAP and many more.
The Remote Control menu allows you to power on, shut down, restart and cycle the server.
The Miscellaneous menu allows you to update the firmware and restore factory defaults.
The ASUS ASWM Enterprise software gives the user a powerful interface for managing one or more servers on the network. We did not install this so we are showing a sample screen shot here.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Faraday Future stops factory construction to afford CES
- Switch's paid online is made to attract third-party devs
- Samsung smartwatches now compatible with iOS devices
- The new Zelda game takes up nearly half Switch's storage
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 900p docked, 720p undocked
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- Can't Find PC-O10 Riser Kit
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99