Test System Setup
In the video below, we walk you through the various OSD menus.
The OSD makes use of five physical buttons on the side of the monitor, lined up quite nicely with their own screen functions. BenQ has made it extremely simple to adjust which picture profile you are using and the display mode scaling.
Of course, if you need more control, you need to drop into the full menu, which is easily navigated using the physical buttons. For more, be sure to watch the video above.
Power consumption is measured at the wall with a blank Word document open and the monitor on as bright as it can go.
The BenQ RL2240HE sits at just 16 watts of power consumption. This is five watts lower than the spec provided by BenQ, and it is the lowest consumption we have seen from any display. But does it lack in brightness due to the low power draw?
We use a LX1010B light meter to measure brightness in Lux. The monitor is placed in the center of the screen on a blank Word document with the monitor at full brightness.
Along with the lower power draw comes a lower maximum brightness. We measured the RL2240HE at just 295, 25 lux behind the next brightest monitor.
We use this as a way to measure a monitor's efficiency. It is simply the monitor's brightness divided by its power draw.
However, in this test, we see that in terms of how bright it is compared to how much power it consumes, the RL2240HE excels, producing a score of 18.4, behind only the 21.7 of the Acer S241HL bmid.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Specifications, Features & Pricing]
- Page 2 [Unboxing, Dead Pixels, Assembly and Port Layout]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup, OSD & Test Results]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xiaomi Mi Max 2 unveiled: Big screen, 5,300 mAh battery
- AMD trademarks Kyzen, Aragon, Promethean & CoreAmp
- Oukitel announces K10000 Pro with 10,000 mAh battery
- ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Mini is super-small, powerful
- Sony to launch two new Xperia flagship devices this year
- ADATA AI910 Lightning Card Reader Plus Review
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Benchmarked: CPU & GPU War
- NIC not working after BIOS corruption (ASUS X202E)
- Logitech Harmony Elite Advanced Remote Control Review
- C2750D4I won't get passed initializing 55
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017