Using the LUXA2 EnerG 6600mAh Portable Battery Bank
Like all of my battery reviews, I like to use them in real-world scenarios, so I took the EnerG 6600mAh Portable Battery Bank away with me on a work trip overseas. At the time, I was using my Nexus 5 as my daily driver, which features a 2300mAh battery. I was hoping to get at least two full charges out of the LUXA2 EnerG battery, or more.
So the night before I left for the airport, I charged up the EnerG charger and packed it into my bag. Once I arrived at my destination close to 30 hours after I left home, my Nexus 5 was at 12% charge, so I plugged it into the EnerG charger and went to sleep.
I woke up to a Nexus 5 with 100% charge, and still had two LEDs left on the EnerG battery. I drained my N5 down that day to 0% to the point of it powering off, and again used the LUXA2 EnerG charger to top it back up. I had it charged to 100%, with one LED left. I then drained the Nexus 5 by cranking some tunes through Spotify, down to around 70%, and topped it back up with the last remaining drops of power in the EnerG charger before it completely depleted. This gave me around 2.5 charges out of the battery, which is quite amazing considering its size, and price.
I continued to use the EnerG battery in this way for the rest of my trip, sitting in my bag ready to charge up my various USB-based devices. This includes my Sony NEX-6 camera, which was great as I had the EnerG charger sitting in my camera bag, charging up my camera when I was in the car, or walking between meetings.
Once my camera was at 100%, I would make sure that my Nexus 5 was topped up at all times, which was great. 6600mAh of charge is enough to go out for the entire day using my NEX-6 camera and Nexus 5 smartphone constantly, without having to worry about either of my devices running out of power.
Considering the age we live in, which is dominated and controlled by technology, running out of battery - especially on something as important as your smartphone - can be the difference between working, and not working, especially when it comes to my job. I need to have my smartphone working, if not for phone calls, but for e-mails, wireless hotspot, IM chat, Facebook, and so much more. 6600mAh of charge is plenty of portable charge, and at $24.99, LUXA2 have it in the bag.
It Looks Great: This is something I talked about in my review of the EnerG 8800mAh battery, with the 6600mAh version featuring the same great look. I really dig the black and silver look that LUXA2 has chosen with the EnerG range, and I think you will too. It's not for everyone, but most smartphones and cameras these days are silver or black, so it matches.
It's Cheap!: At just $24.99, LUXA2 has most of the competition beat. Some other brands are charging $30 or more on top, for half the amount of mAh. LUXA2 provides a great-looking, stylish and cheap portable power bank, and even at $24.99, I'm still nodding my head in disbelief.
Portability: The ability to drag around 6600mAh of portable charge, enough to keep my smartphone and camera happy through some very busy days, is great. Especially when travelling, the whole not having to worry about running out of battery half way through the day problems disappear with the EnerG 6600mAh Portable Battery Bank.
No Embedded micro-USB cable: I've come to really appreciate having the convenience of an embedded micro-USB cable, but LUXA2 don't provide it with their EnerG chargers. It's not something that should stop you from buying the LUXA2 EnerG range of batteries, but it would be nice to see this in a future iteration of the power bank.
I seriously don't know how LUXA2 is doing it, but pricing the EnerG 6600mAh Portable Battery Bank at $24.99 is just bloody incredible. They could charge $30+ and I would still recommend it, but at under $25, it is a steal. You're getting yourself a stylish charger that is capable of keeping you juiced up for the entire day (or more!), and is capable of charging up multiple devices at once.
If you're in the market for a new portable battery bank, this needs to be the one you look at first. At this price, you owe it to yourself to buy it, you seriously won't regret it. If you buy it and you aren't satisfied, hunt me down for one free Internet hug.
PRICING: You can find the LUXA2 EnerG 6600mAh Portable Battery Bank for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The LUXA2 EnerG 6600mAh Portable Battery Bank retails for $24.99 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Colorful iGame GTX 1080 Ti Kudan rocks MASSIVE cooler
- EVGA announces $999 price on GeForce GTX 1080 Ti K|NGP|N
- Kingdom Hearts III on the PS4 has CG-level graphics
- AORUS X399 GAMING 7 is ready for AMD Ryzen ThreadRipper
- Hardware deals: cheap Ryzen 5 and GeForce GPUs
- Team T-Force Night Hawk RGB DDR4-3000 RAM Kit Review
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology