DeepCool Steam Castle B Micro-ATX Chassis
As we get our first look at the front of this Steam Castle, we can see a lot of design elements all at once. There is a mesh grill at the top, some ventilation on the sides that reminds us of classic car grills, and there is the matt finish, the grooves, and the faux screws that make it appear armour plated. There are also some oddly shaped bits at the bottom; maybe those are the "murder holes" for hot oil.
On top, the grooves and faux screws continue with the plating theme as it works between the four turrets that allow this chassis to ventilate. At the back, we are given that automotive essence once again, with louvers and "frenched" holes that look like they should have some nasty headers coming through them.
This panel will lift off, and once it is removed, the LEDs under each of the four turrets are exposed. Removing this panel also shows us that the top of the chassis is open, and ready for a pair of fans, or a dual radiator. This open space will also provide us with places to run wiring cleanly.
When viewing this side of the chassis, we can still see the turrets on the top. The top of the chassis wraps down and meets the steel side panel containing the large tinted window. We also find that the front curves around to meet this panel, as does the plastic used under the chassis.
The back offers a 120mm fan off to the left, which you could change out for a fan up to 140mm. There are water cooling holes above the four expansion slots, and the rear I/O access is right above the PSU location.
The right side of the chassis is shaped identically to the opposite side. The difference here (other than the lack of a window) is the placement of the front I/O at the front. In the front I/O, there is an LED brightness dial, a tiny reset and a much larger power button, activity LEDs, HD audio connections, and at the bottom are two ports for each USB 3.0 and USB 2.0.
Under the chassis, we see that it has been entirely wrapped in a plastic panel. It offers a place for the very large rubber pads that give it excellent footing on just about any surface. We can also see they cut venting to allow the PSU to draw fresh air in through the panel and the removable dust filter.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [DeepCool Steam Castle B Micro-ATX Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Steam Castle B]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital made up 80% of Ubisoft's first quarter sales
- Console gamers to spend more on DLC than games in 2017
- GTA Online earned $1.09 billion, says analyst firm
- Microsoft earned $90 billion last fiscal year
- Xiaomi's upcoming phone to rock dual camera and MIUI 9
- How to upgrade the BIOS to GA-UD23-B3?
- Baby Driver Movie Review
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4