Benchmarks - Wired Throughput
LAN to LAN throughput peaked at 952Mbps for the 880L, making it the quickest we have tested to date.
WAN to LAN came in at 952 Mbps - top in our charts once again.
Benchmarks - Wireless Throughput
In our 2.4GHz testing, the 880L had a few issues. I was unable to get the router to lock into a specific band, i.e. 20MHz or 40MHz. Setting the unit to auto and placing it just feet from our test system still wouldn't allow it to switch to 40MHz.
We found it was due to the amount of users in the area broadcasting their own signal. One way to mitigate this is to switch the channel 1, but even that doesn't always work.
Moving over to 5GHz, the router opened up a little and produced 414 Mbps on the 80MHz band and 227 Mbps on the 40MHz band.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives