8k Random Read/Write
Many server workloads rely heavily upon 8k performance and we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our server workloads also test 8k performance with various mixed read/write distributions.
The Intel DC P3700 averages 275,367 IOPS at 256 OIO. The FlashMAX II averages 207,859 IOPS, and the Micron P420m tops the chart with a blistering 387,785 IOPS. Once again, the FlashMAX II and the DC P3700 trade blows at lower OIO. The FlashMAX II features a proprietary interface, vFAS, that runs on the host system and helps provide excellent performance at low OIO.
The P420m provides great latency once it can capitalize on the high OIO that unlocks its parallelism advantage.
The DC P3700 and FlashMAX II remain competitive in this test, and the P420m shoots out to the side with very high peak performance.
The DC P3700 averages 66,082 IOPS at 256 OIO, the P420m hits 79,633 IOPS, and the FlashMAX II tops out at a speed of 59,279 IOPS at 256 OIO. The P3700 delivers higher performance at 8 OIO than during the rest of the test. The DC P3700 exhibits excellent performance during heavy write workloads.
There are no surprises as the P3700 continues to lead in heavy write workloads.
The 8k mixed workload results reveal the DC P3700 taking the lead quicker as we mix in more write activity. 8k mixed activity is one of the most common workloads experienced while using databases, and the DC P3700 scores excellent in this test.
The DC P3700 delivers expected latency characteristics during the test.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo 'hasn't shown everything' on Switch just yet
- Watch Dogs 2 trailer welcomes you to San Francisco
- Rule the streets on this official 'Mario Kart' bike
- NASA solved the secret of ESA's missing Mars lander
- He changed his name to Seven iPhone for a free iPhone 7
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- GA-PH67A-UD3-B3 Resume fail after suspend with Linux
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now