This test consists of Database and On-Line Transaction Processing (OLTP) workloads. OLTP is the processing of transactions such as credit cards and high frequency trading in the financial sector. Databases are the bread and butter of many enterprise deployments. These demanding 8k random workloads with a 66 percent read and 33 percent write distribution bring even the best solutions down to earth.
The Intel DC P3700 averages 132,238 IOPS at 256 OIO, the HGST FlashMAX II averages 121,240 IOPS, and the Micron P420m averages 102,265 IOPS. The DC P3700 leverages its excellent 8k mixed workload performance to lead the entire test.
The DC P3700 provides great latency from 6-64 OIO, but surprisingly the FlashMAX II jumps into the lead for 128 and 256 OIO.
RAID 0 Webserver
The Web Server workload is read-only with a wide range of file sizes. Web servers are responsible for generating content users view over the Internet, much like the very page you are reading. The speed of the underlying storage system has a massive impact on the speed and responsiveness of the server hosting the website.
The DC P3700 averages 138,073 IOPS at 256 OIO, the FlashMAX II lags behind with an average of 110,747 IOPS, and the P420m leads the test with 174,845 IOPS once there are enough outstanding commands to trigger its parallelism advantage. The DC P3700 leads the majority of the test.
At .5ms the DC P3700 provides 138,000 IOPS, the P420m scores 120,000 IOPS, and the FlashMAX II weighs in with 103,000 IOPS.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Facebook rolls out Halloween themed masks in Live videos
- Just in time for Halloween: NASA discovers pumpkin stars
- Facebook turns reactions into Halloween themed symbols
- New Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter game out now
- NASA provides further details of the ESA's lander crash
- Booting Problem
- AsRock 4Core1600P35-WiFi+ DDR3 no POST.
- CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology (October 2016)
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications