Inside the Comrade
Removing the bezel shows the bay covers are clipped in, and we also see that ventilation is restricted to the angled slits, and the hole at the bottom for removal access. The front of the chassis keeps the wiring attached, and there is also a large dust filter for the optional intake fans.
After taking the panels off of the chassis, we now have an unimpeded view of the interior. We find the wiring is left to simply flop about the interior during shipping, but the hardware and manual can be found under the lowest tray, in the HDD rack.
With the I/O panel moved, we now can use all three of the 5.25" bays offered in the design of this chassis. All three bays offer tool-free mechanisms to lock devices in place, and can also be supported by screws on the other side.
For storage, we find two different cages, with three trays each. The upper 2.5" drive trays allows drives to be screwed in. The lower bays accommodate 3.5" hard drives, as the trays expand and shrink back together to hold them. We also found these trays to be drilled for 2.5" drives as well.
The motherboard tray does offer a wire management hole to the left of the CPU cooler access hole, and there are four more down the right side. The entire bottom is open. To mount the motherboard, you will use either the steel bumps, or for Micro-ATX boards, you willl need to install a few standoffs.
The floor of the chassis does not offer an optional cooling location in front of the PSU mounts. The back of the chassis has tabs to align the power supply, but there are also steel bumps on the floor to help raise the fan grill off the floor, and allow it to be mounted more easily.
We find the only fan supplied in the chassis inside of the rear of the chassis. This is a low speed, low volume, three-pin powered 120mm fan. We cannot see the expansion slot mounting, as it is on the outside in order to give us just a bit more room on the interior.
There is not a whole lot of room behind the motherboard tray for much of any wiring; most of that is contained at the bottom, or off to the left behind the bays.
From the front I/O panel, we have the ribbon cable containing connections for the buttons, and LEDs. We also find an HD audio plug, a USB 2.0 plug, and a native USB 3.0 plug that needs to be connected to the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [BitFenix Comrade Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Comrade]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Matt Damon: Latest 'Bourne' movie inspired by Edward Snowden saga
- NASA begins year-long Mars isolation experiment on Earth
- Ashley Madison CEO stepping down after devastating data breach
- Final Fantasy 15 almost had VR support
- VR will slowly trickle to mainstream market, says Oculus founder
- X99 Extreme 6ac eSATA
- Until Dawn Sony PlayStation 4 Review
- ASUS gaming PC
- Adam Elements iKlips iOS Lightning / USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20