Inside the Comrade
Removing the bezel shows the bay covers are clipped in, and we also see that ventilation is restricted to the angled slits, and the hole at the bottom for removal access. The front of the chassis keeps the wiring attached, and there is also a large dust filter for the optional intake fans.
After taking the panels off of the chassis, we now have an unimpeded view of the interior. We find the wiring is left to simply flop about the interior during shipping, but the hardware and manual can be found under the lowest tray, in the HDD rack.
With the I/O panel moved, we now can use all three of the 5.25" bays offered in the design of this chassis. All three bays offer tool-free mechanisms to lock devices in place, and can also be supported by screws on the other side.
For storage, we find two different cages, with three trays each. The upper 2.5" drive trays allows drives to be screwed in. The lower bays accommodate 3.5" hard drives, as the trays expand and shrink back together to hold them. We also found these trays to be drilled for 2.5" drives as well.
The motherboard tray does offer a wire management hole to the left of the CPU cooler access hole, and there are four more down the right side. The entire bottom is open. To mount the motherboard, you will use either the steel bumps, or for Micro-ATX boards, you willl need to install a few standoffs.
The floor of the chassis does not offer an optional cooling location in front of the PSU mounts. The back of the chassis has tabs to align the power supply, but there are also steel bumps on the floor to help raise the fan grill off the floor, and allow it to be mounted more easily.
We find the only fan supplied in the chassis inside of the rear of the chassis. This is a low speed, low volume, three-pin powered 120mm fan. We cannot see the expansion slot mounting, as it is on the outside in order to give us just a bit more room on the interior.
There is not a whole lot of room behind the motherboard tray for much of any wiring; most of that is contained at the bottom, or off to the left behind the bays.
From the front I/O panel, we have the ribbon cable containing connections for the buttons, and LEDs. We also find an HD audio plug, a USB 2.0 plug, and a native USB 3.0 plug that needs to be connected to the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [BitFenix Comrade Mid-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Comrade]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- J.J. Abrams teases imminent Portal movie announcement
- Titanfall 2's story trailer is an amazing piece of work
- Forza Horizon 3 shows that Microsoft hates PC gaming
- Microsoft is reportedly working on an all-in-one Surface
- Apple copies Samsung again, with exploding iPhone 7 Plus
- ASRock Z87 EXTREME4 won't restart - debug code 4F
- ASUS X99-Deluxe II Motherboard Review
- U.2 Kit on Taichi
- Z170X-Gaming 5 - Thunderbolt controller + Intel RST drivers issue.
- Palit GeForce GTX 1070 GameRock Premium Edition Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now