Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Awesome! If we had to sum up the Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X OC in one word, it would simply be "awesome!" We love this card. What's not to love about it? Well, the price is on the steeper side of things as you'd expect. It's not the most expensive R9 290X 4GB on the market, but floating around the $600 mark does make it one of the most expensive.
Looking back through everything, though, we must admit that the price does feel more than justified. For starters, you've got that awesome Vapor-X cooler that works wonderfully. It did an excellent job of handling the clocks we threw at it today, which were extremely impressive. 1145MHz on the core and 6300MHz QDR on the memory are both awesome jumps from the reference clocks.
Compared to the out of the box clocks that Sapphire offers, they're also a really strong increase. On the topic of the out of the box clocks, though, this is another area in where Sapphire has done a really amazing job. The 1080MHz core clock is a strong increase, and one of the stronger ones we've seen. The big increase in the memory clock, though, is what really gets our attention, especially since memory clocks are something most companies tend to not worry about.
While we know the best gains come from the core overclock, we're never going to complain about a company taking the time to improve the memory clock. While the gains aren't as great when compared to the core, the gains still exist.
When it comes to the bundle, it's a very typical Sapphire one. The addition of the HDMI cable is nice, and the mouse pad is, well...included. We're not going to complain about the fact that we have something else thrown in the bundle, but it doesn't quite carry with it the same quality that the actual video card does, which in the end is all that really matters to most people.
The Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X OC is just an all-around high quality video card that people are no doubt going to want. The blue and black color scheme has become a personal favorite of mine and is really the icing on the cake. In the end, though, if you're overclocking or not, the Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X OC is just a stand out version of the R9 290X 4GB. You're going to pay a bit more for it, but we really feel that justifying the extra cost shouldn't be an issue.
PRICING: You can find the Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X OC for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X OC retails for $627.97 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Video Card Details and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Sky Diver & Catzilla]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks -Metro Last Light & Nexuiz]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - GRID Autosport]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 4K - 3840x2160 Testing]
- Page 15 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 17 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'The Get Down' costs Netflix $16 million per episode
- Star Citizen alpha is free until October 30
- Nintendo 'hasn't shown everything' on Switch just yet
- Watch Dogs 2 trailer welcomes you to San Francisco
- Rule the streets on this official 'Mario Kart' bike
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now