Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Awesome! If we had to sum up the Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X OC in one word, it would simply be "awesome!" We love this card. What's not to love about it? Well, the price is on the steeper side of things as you'd expect. It's not the most expensive R9 290X 4GB on the market, but floating around the $600 mark does make it one of the most expensive.
Looking back through everything, though, we must admit that the price does feel more than justified. For starters, you've got that awesome Vapor-X cooler that works wonderfully. It did an excellent job of handling the clocks we threw at it today, which were extremely impressive. 1145MHz on the core and 6300MHz QDR on the memory are both awesome jumps from the reference clocks.
Compared to the out of the box clocks that Sapphire offers, they're also a really strong increase. On the topic of the out of the box clocks, though, this is another area in where Sapphire has done a really amazing job. The 1080MHz core clock is a strong increase, and one of the stronger ones we've seen. The big increase in the memory clock, though, is what really gets our attention, especially since memory clocks are something most companies tend to not worry about.
While we know the best gains come from the core overclock, we're never going to complain about a company taking the time to improve the memory clock. While the gains aren't as great when compared to the core, the gains still exist.
When it comes to the bundle, it's a very typical Sapphire one. The addition of the HDMI cable is nice, and the mouse pad is, well...included. We're not going to complain about the fact that we have something else thrown in the bundle, but it doesn't quite carry with it the same quality that the actual video card does, which in the end is all that really matters to most people.
The Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X OC is just an all-around high quality video card that people are no doubt going to want. The blue and black color scheme has become a personal favorite of mine and is really the icing on the cake. In the end, though, if you're overclocking or not, the Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X OC is just a stand out version of the R9 290X 4GB. You're going to pay a bit more for it, but we really feel that justifying the extra cost shouldn't be an issue.
PRICING: You can find the Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X OC for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Sapphire R9 290X Vapor-X OC retails for $627.97 at Amazon.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Video Card Details and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Sky Diver & Catzilla]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks -Metro Last Light & Nexuiz]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Hitman Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - GRID Autosport]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 14 [Benchmarks - 4K - 3840x2160 Testing]
- Page 15 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 16 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 17 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Final Dark Souls 3 Ringed City DLC coming March 28
- 'Star Wars Episode VIII' gets officially titled
- Nintendo Switch replaces Wii U on Nintendo homesite
- Mass Effect: Andromeda 10-hour demo coming to EA Access
- Samsung's Note line isn't dead: Note 8 is coming
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Tekken 7 launches on June 2, 2017 in the Americas
- The end of the world awaits in Dark Souls III: The Ringed City
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM