SilverStone Raven SST-RV05B-W Full-Tower Chassis
Every way you view the front bezel there is an angle. Across the top, angles; down the sides, angles; even across the bezel there is a high center line and angled grooves that leave not one surface flat. Along with all of the angles, the Raven name is molded into the bezel, just above the V-shaped light with white plastic cover on it.
All the way at the bottom, we noticed the molded plastic had two lines, one to either side, so we reached under the chassis and pulled on it to reveal a slide out dust filter that covers the entire bottom of this chassis. We also like the convenience offered by the fact that it comes out of the front, rather than out of the back like most others do.
The top of the chassis has the front I/O panel right near the bezel. As we move back, we find a large plastic cover with rectangular cutouts for ventilation (again angled on all surfaces), and it is cut deep into the center.
Lifting the center section at the back of the chassis exposes two thick plastic carry handles, and it also shows where the hardware is located. The cover is removable for a more obvious reason though, as this is the rear I/O of the chassis, and you will need a way to connect and run the cables. We also exposed the USB 3.0 ports and HD audio jacks by simply pulling the rubber cover off at the front.
As we can now see, looking at the left side of the Raven, there is an obvious forward lean to the main section of the chassis, and the widow shares that slanted perspective into the chassis. At the top, as well as at the bottom, we can see the angular plastic sections offer styling, as well as providing that angle of the steel section.
At the back, the top is opened up to allow for its removal, and provide plenty of room for wiring. As for the rest of the back of the chassis, there is only the mesh area pressed into the steel that will act as a place for a PSU to draw in cooler air.
The right side of the chassis is identical to the left, even down to all the angled plastic components, to keep the theme going from any view. Of course, since this is behind the motherboard tray, the panel is steel from end to end.
Under the chassis, we see that the chunky plastic also acts as the feet for the chassis, with large rubber pads applied to the corners to ensure a good grip on almost any surface. We have also removed the dust filter to show the fan options, and to get a view of the 180mm AP fans that pull in cool air.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [SilverStone Raven SST-RV05B-W Full-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the SST-RV05B-W]
- Page 5 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 6 [Case Build and Finished Product]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'The Get Down' costs Netflix $16 million per episode
- Star Citizen alpha is free until October 30
- Nintendo 'hasn't shown everything' on Switch just yet
- Watch Dogs 2 trailer welcomes you to San Francisco
- Rule the streets on this official 'Mario Kart' bike
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Independence Day Resurgence 4K Blu-ray Review
- Battlefield 1 Multiplayer Gameplay Thoughts
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards
- Eurocom launches the ultrathin 15.6' Sky M5 R2 VR Ready gaming laptop with Intel Core i7 6700HQ, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB GDDR5), 4G LTE support, 64 GB DDR4 memory, 6 TB SSD storage
- ENERMAX releases Steelwing aluminum case
- ENERMAX Platimax D.F. PSU is available now