Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Sitting in the mid-$100 range, the ASUS Z97-A is one of the cheapest ATX boards we've looked at to date. There's no denying that when you move down to boards at this price level, you do lose a lot of the big fancy features that are seen on boards priced at two or three times the price.
With that said, moving down to the core of it all, you're dealing with a very similar motherboard. ASUS offers a great base when it comes to their Z97 motherboard line up; and to be honest, they offer just a great base to their whole motherboard line up period. By spending less money, you know you're going to be getting less when compared to more expensive boards in the same line.
The simple fact is some people don't need Killer gigabit networking, dual gigabit networking, 802.11ac wireless networking, 12 SATA ports, water-cooling supported cooling and more. Some people simply just need a quality motherboard that is going to work well out of the box.
This is exactly what the ASUS Z97-A is. It's a solid performing motherboard that looks great and offers you all of the features that you'd hope and expect at this price point. You're not going to be breaking any world records with it, but you are going to get a system that is stable and fast.
These are the kind of boards that are sold in quantity. Paired with a great video card and a strong CPU, you're going to get the strong performance that you'd hope and expect out of your system. If you're looking at something that is just an overall strong board that won't break the bank, this is a fantastic option. On the other hand, if you're looking for something with more, then we don't doubt for a second that there's something in the ASUS Z97 line that will suit you perfectly. Keep an eye out as we move forward and test a few more of the ASUS offerings in the coming weeks.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS Z97-A for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The ASUS Z97-A retails for $139.99 at Amazon.
Canada: The ASUS Z97-A retails for CDN$178.28 at Amazon Canada.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Red Dead 2 delay won't interrupt future Rockstar games
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017