Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Sitting in the mid-$100 range, the ASUS Z97-A is one of the cheapest ATX boards we've looked at to date. There's no denying that when you move down to boards at this price level, you do lose a lot of the big fancy features that are seen on boards priced at two or three times the price.
With that said, moving down to the core of it all, you're dealing with a very similar motherboard. ASUS offers a great base when it comes to their Z97 motherboard line up; and to be honest, they offer just a great base to their whole motherboard line up period. By spending less money, you know you're going to be getting less when compared to more expensive boards in the same line.
The simple fact is some people don't need Killer gigabit networking, dual gigabit networking, 802.11ac wireless networking, 12 SATA ports, water-cooling supported cooling and more. Some people simply just need a quality motherboard that is going to work well out of the box.
This is exactly what the ASUS Z97-A is. It's a solid performing motherboard that looks great and offers you all of the features that you'd hope and expect at this price point. You're not going to be breaking any world records with it, but you are going to get a system that is stable and fast.
These are the kind of boards that are sold in quantity. Paired with a great video card and a strong CPU, you're going to get the strong performance that you'd hope and expect out of your system. If you're looking at something that is just an overall strong board that won't break the bank, this is a fantastic option. On the other hand, if you're looking for something with more, then we don't doubt for a second that there's something in the ASUS Z97 line that will suit you perfectly. Keep an eye out as we move forward and test a few more of the ASUS offerings in the coming weeks.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS Z97-A for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The ASUS Z97-A retails for $139.99 at Amazon.
Canada: The ASUS Z97-A retails for CDN$178.28 at Amazon Canada.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' gets a further delay
- China is working on the fastest supercomputer, ever
- AMD Radeon Pro Duo drops to $799, dual-GPU Fiji goodness
- Switch's 4310mAh battery takes 3 hours to fully recharge
- LG G6 won't explode because it uses a huge heat pipe
- Z170MX-Gaming 5 + i5 7600k.. Should work or not?
- ASRock 2.70 Splash Screen replaces Windows?
- bios update
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni
- NZXT reveals new Puck cable management system
- Synology unveils Surveillance Station 8.0
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup