Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
Sitting in the mid-$100 range, the ASUS Z97-A is one of the cheapest ATX boards we've looked at to date. There's no denying that when you move down to boards at this price level, you do lose a lot of the big fancy features that are seen on boards priced at two or three times the price.
With that said, moving down to the core of it all, you're dealing with a very similar motherboard. ASUS offers a great base when it comes to their Z97 motherboard line up; and to be honest, they offer just a great base to their whole motherboard line up period. By spending less money, you know you're going to be getting less when compared to more expensive boards in the same line.
The simple fact is some people don't need Killer gigabit networking, dual gigabit networking, 802.11ac wireless networking, 12 SATA ports, water-cooling supported cooling and more. Some people simply just need a quality motherboard that is going to work well out of the box.
This is exactly what the ASUS Z97-A is. It's a solid performing motherboard that looks great and offers you all of the features that you'd hope and expect at this price point. You're not going to be breaking any world records with it, but you are going to get a system that is stable and fast.
These are the kind of boards that are sold in quantity. Paired with a great video card and a strong CPU, you're going to get the strong performance that you'd hope and expect out of your system. If you're looking at something that is just an overall strong board that won't break the bank, this is a fantastic option. On the other hand, if you're looking for something with more, then we don't doubt for a second that there's something in the ASUS Z97 line that will suit you perfectly. Keep an eye out as we move forward and test a few more of the ASUS offerings in the coming weeks.
PRICING: You can find the ASUS Z97-A for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The ASUS Z97-A retails for $139.99 at Amazon.
Canada: The ASUS Z97-A retails for CDN$178.28 at Amazon Canada.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Snap's Spectacles are now available on Amazon
- Xbox worth $9 billion, 53 million Xbox LIVE users
- Essential phone to be more than a month late
- Intel accuses Qualcomm of monopolistic behavior
- New Note8 leak shows awkwardly placed fingerprint sensor
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4