Removing the side panels *sigh* gives us access to the inside of the enclosure. While not as visually stunning as the outside of the box, there is a good deal of functionality built into the case design.
One of the first things to mention is the swing arm that allows you to add a side-mounted case fan. This small door is hinged and offers easy access to the fan bay, but this can look kind of bad if you happen to have a full-sized side window. I was glad to see that the folks at Opus took note of this unsightly concept and created a smaller window in the side. It still allows you to show off the interior but hides this swinging door from the eye. Good call!
Starting our tour of the internals brings us to the drive tower. Nothing special, but everything works exactly as it should. There were no problems with drive installations and the rail system used for mounting the drives was simple and effective. The top bay already has the protective plate removed and it is a simple matter to remove any others you may need to get out of the way.
Moving down the tower brings us to the 3.5" drive bays. You'll see there are only four total so this could prove troublesome if you happen to have several hard drives. A rail system is used for the installation of these drives as well, so it is a simple matter to get everything installed as it should be.
Dropping down to the basement level shows us the lower set of drive bays. In the event you don't have need of these for optical devices or fancy lighting effects, you can go ahead and toss a 120mm fan in its place. While not blowing over the hard drives, it will still add considerably to the airflow of the case as a whole.
As we all know, there is always a need for storage space for all those extra screws and rails. This particular design allows you to store these items right inside the case itself. This can be a great help if you have the tendency to put that little bag of spare parts in a hidey-hole and then conveniently forget where you put them when you need them next. With the storage here, you have everything you need right at hand.
Another notable item was the inclusion of extra rails that comes with the case. This allows you to use all the drive bays and not run out of parts. Just a nice little touch that some others have forgotten in the past.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Opus MT-200 - Page 1 [Introduction]
- Opus MT-200 - Page 2 [Exterior]
- Opus MT-200 - Page 3 [Exterior ~ Continued]
- Opus MT-200 - Page 4 [Interior]
- Opus MT-200 - Page 5 [Interior ~ Continued]
- Opus MT-200 - Page 6 [Installation Notes]
- Opus MT-200 - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's new Snapdragon X16 modem capable of 1Gbps over LTE
- Hitman is part of AMD's Gaming Evolved program, includes DX12 features
- Infinity Ward is working on the next Call of Duty, due late this year
- Kanye West begins showing off his new video game
- Today is the last day for free Google Drive storage offer
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives