AJA System Test
All of the below benchmark were ran with our Apple MacBook Pro and OS X 10.9.4
In our 720p workload, the RAID 0 and 10 array showed steady read performance throughout, while the RAID 5 array showed some jitter.
720p write looked more like a heart rate machine than a benchmark result, as you can see performance was a bit erratic.
1080p read showed a peak of 1340 MB/s for RAID 0.
1080p write performance was once again all over the place. After testing, we found this to be a setting within the web config. We were able to clean up these tests by setting the number of streams to six.
4K read calmed the chart down quite a bit. At its peak, the RAID 0 array touched 1400 MB/s.
4K write had the RAID 0 array showing a lot of variability. This was cleaned up after testing by optimizing the number of streams to a value of six.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Areca ARC-8050T2 Thunderbolt 2]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4K Random and 128K Sequential Workloads]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Latency and Mixed Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AJA System Test]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gabe Newell: Portal 2 is Valve's best single-player game
- Resident Evil 7 will enjoy free DLC chapter post-launch
- Gabe on Half-Life 3: 'the number 3 must not be said'
- Watch Dogs 2's new patch is better on RAM, and more
- Galaxy S8 rumored to cost $849, launches on March 29
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99