AJA System Test
All of the below benchmark were ran with our Apple MacBook Pro and OS X 10.9.4
In our 720p workload, the RAID 0 and 10 array showed steady read performance throughout, while the RAID 5 array showed some jitter.
720p write looked more like a heart rate machine than a benchmark result, as you can see performance was a bit erratic.
1080p read showed a peak of 1340 MB/s for RAID 0.
1080p write performance was once again all over the place. After testing, we found this to be a setting within the web config. We were able to clean up these tests by setting the number of streams to six.
4K read calmed the chart down quite a bit. At its peak, the RAID 0 array touched 1400 MB/s.
4K write had the RAID 0 array showing a lot of variability. This was cleaned up after testing by optimizing the number of streams to a value of six.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Pricing, Availability and Specifications]
- Page 2 [Areca ARC-8050T2 Thunderbolt 2]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup and Web Management]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4K Random and 128K Sequential Workloads]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Latency and Mixed Workloads]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - AJA System Test]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Note8 to have better optical zoom than iPhone 7?
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 explodes and catches fire
- NVIDIA CEO hands out first Tesla V100s to AI researchers
- ADATA's new XPG SPECTRIC D40: RGB DDR4 for X299
- Battlegrounds made more than Overwatch on PC last month
- Phanteks Evolv Shift SFF Chassis Review
- GIGABYTE X299 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- Comic-Con 2017 trailer round-up: MCU vs DCEU vs the rest
- graphics card not detected via riser cable
- Maximum ratio (x39) with 4,06GHz for i7 4770 on GA Z87X-UD3H?
- ADATA Debuts XPG SPECTRIX D40 RGB DDR4 RAM
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology