Once the GM4 drive is installed, an icon will appear in the task manager. Right-clicking the icon, and then clicking on configure brings this up on the screen. Under the name there is a support update button that takes you to http://www.zalman.com, where you can search for new drivers. The center has an image of the mouse, with all of the optional things that can be moved around, or even used for Macros and other advanced features to make this mouse work for you, and not the other way around, as the dropdown box shows. This is also where you address the polling rate, and have the option to reset the settings to default.
In the advanced controls section, you now have access to four settings of DPI levels to correspond to the four lights found on the top of the ZM-GM4. The DPI can be adjusted independently if desired; you can address the pointer speed, scroll speed, double-click speed, and there is also an option for universal scrolling, to enable scroll wheel control in applications that do not have native support.
If you click on the Macro selection in the dropdown menu for the buttons, you will be given this window so that you may attempt to set up a Macro. We found it hard to set up, limited in the amount of characters that can be used, and it had no options to import others that may already be saved. We have seen much better offerings when it comes to Macro support.
There are advanced functions to address as well. There are three groups to choose from to help simplify the lists. Basic commands offer things like cut, copy, paste, undo, select all, find, new, and save. Then under the additional commands, we find swap window, close window, my computer, run, and show desktop. Media commands offer all of the functionality that we see on most keyboards. Any of these can be set to any button across the three profiles, essentially allowing for twenty-nine other functions the mouse can do other than the left-click function (which must be there in one of the profiles).
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Zalman Knossos ZM-GM4 Professional Laser Gaming Mouse]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Galaxy S7, S7 Edge unlocked, bloatware-free versions launch today
- Existing BioShock owners will get free remastered versions on PC
- Maximize your online experience with VPN Forever
- BioShock trilogy remaster officially announced
- AMD details its Radeon RX 400 series naming system
- How will windows 10 affect my D, E and F drives?
- Updated BIOS on E3C226D2I now can't boot from USB
- GIGABYTE X99-Designare EX (Intel X99) Motherboard Review
- Synology DS916 Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- AMD Radeon RX 480 Video Card Review - Starting a Rebellion From $199
- AMD launches the Radeon Rebellion with the Radeon RX 480 video card, available now
- SAPPHIRE launches next generation Polaris-based Radeon RX 480 video card
- Be Quiet! announces the Dark Base 900 case
- Western Digital launches world's fastest 256GB microSD Card
- MSI readies B150M Mortar Arctic & B150M Bazooka Plus motherboards