Once the GM4 drive is installed, an icon will appear in the task manager. Right-clicking the icon, and then clicking on configure brings this up on the screen. Under the name there is a support update button that takes you to http://www.zalman.com, where you can search for new drivers. The center has an image of the mouse, with all of the optional things that can be moved around, or even used for Macros and other advanced features to make this mouse work for you, and not the other way around, as the dropdown box shows. This is also where you address the polling rate, and have the option to reset the settings to default.
In the advanced controls section, you now have access to four settings of DPI levels to correspond to the four lights found on the top of the ZM-GM4. The DPI can be adjusted independently if desired; you can address the pointer speed, scroll speed, double-click speed, and there is also an option for universal scrolling, to enable scroll wheel control in applications that do not have native support.
If you click on the Macro selection in the dropdown menu for the buttons, you will be given this window so that you may attempt to set up a Macro. We found it hard to set up, limited in the amount of characters that can be used, and it had no options to import others that may already be saved. We have seen much better offerings when it comes to Macro support.
There are advanced functions to address as well. There are three groups to choose from to help simplify the lists. Basic commands offer things like cut, copy, paste, undo, select all, find, new, and save. Then under the additional commands, we find swap window, close window, my computer, run, and show desktop. Media commands offer all of the functionality that we see on most keyboards. Any of these can be set to any button across the three profiles, essentially allowing for twenty-nine other functions the mouse can do other than the left-click function (which must be there in one of the profiles).
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Zalman Knossos ZM-GM4 Professional Laser Gaming Mouse]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The first DLC for Star Wars: Battlefront drops on December 1
- Intel sub-contractor had friend make hoax bomb call to avoid work
- First 'Captain America: Civil War' trailer hits the web
- BIOSTAR announces DirectX 12 ready GTX 950 for $199
- 'Toddyhancer' graphics mod for Star Wars: Battlefront looks amazing
- Send Money Online To Italy Before You Trip To Produce Your Holiday More Relaxing
- ID-Cooling IS-VC45 SFF CPU Cooler Review
- New Build Problem
- Upgrade RAM on G11CD system assistance
- C2750D4I - BMC Update Failed
- BIOSTAR GEFORCE GAMING GTX 950 ANNOUNCED, STYLISH PERFORMANCE FOR COMPETITIVE GAMING
- SilverStone Raven Series RVX01BR/RVX01BR-W
- Transcend Adds New 64GB microSD Memory Cards to Its Industrial-Grade Wide Temperature Lineup
- COUGAR ANNOUNCES THE LAUNCH OF THE 450 SERIES
- SilverStone Press release PTS01