Inside the Knossos ZM-GM4
We would strongly suggest that you do not attempt to open this mouse; there is much more involved than just pulling a few screws to clean it out.
Inside of the last panel of the ZM-GM4, we found a PCB containing two pad switches to back the page forward and page back buttons. Off to the left is a slider style switch that adds a stiff feel to the "function" button.
After carefully lifting the main PCB out of the frame, we get a much better view of the left-click switch. We found it to be backed by the five million click versions of the Omron D2FC-F7N switches, which offer a softer feel with an audible click.
In the center we have the Avago ADNS A9800 laser sensor as the heart of the system. This top-tier sensor has been proven time and time again to be issue free with the right firmware, and will give you more DPI than you will know what to do with. The switch off to the left is the "auto" button's pad switch.
If the laser sensor is the heart, then the Freescale MC9S08JM16 MCU used in this system is definitely the brains. This is where all the signals pass through to be processed and sent out though the USB 2.0 end of this IC.
As we spin around to the other side of the scroll wheel, we find a matching Omron switch under the right-click button, also offering a five million click lifespan.
After a fair bit of reassembly, we now have the Knossos ZM-GM4 back in once piece, and powered up. The LEDs to the left of the scroll wheel denote we have the DPI in setting one of four. Also, just behind where the cable enters the mouse, there is a slim panel in the nickel plated section that will also glow with a blue LED, but only when the mouse is in motion.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Zalman Knossos ZM-GM4 Professional Laser Gaming Mouse]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Your daily WTF: Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015 is a real game
- Acer announces new Predator Gaming Series monitors with NVIDIA G-SYNC
- Acer shows off Chromebook R 11, a convertible Chromebook
- Vantage Robotics shows off Snap, a safe drone with a 4K camera
- Star Wars: Battlefront won't have server browsers on PC
- does ASRock Z97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 support window 10 with the G3258 cpu?
- Seagate Backup Plus STDA4000100 4TB External Portable HDD Review
- GA-Z97X Gaming 7 + Samsung SM951 256 gb
- SanDisk Connect Stick 64GB Wireless Flash Drive Review
- GA-EP45-UD3R doesn't boot with Dual Channel (After Clean PC)
- SEAGATE DELIVERS INDUSTRY'S BROADEST PORTFOLIO OF 8TB HARD DRIVES
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015