We have gone over the specifications of the W540 in detail. Now let's look at how performance stacks up on the W540 mobile workstation.
Here we see the basic stats of the W540 mobile workstation. We will run this through our battery of tests to check performance, battery life, and storage. We ran a wide range of benchmarks on this unit to ensure that we saw just how this unit performs.
The CPU in the W540 is Intel's i7-4800MQ processor. This is a quad-core CPU with HyperThreading, giving us 4 cores/8 threads to work with. The CPU has a stock speed of 2.7GHz and Turbo's up to 3.7GHz. This is a lot of processing power to have in a laptop.
Memory speed comes rated at 1600MHz and CL11 timings. These are standard memory stats, so we expect that to be about equal to other systems. The W540 comes with 8GB of RAM. You can upgrade the memory to 32GB, which gives the W540 a lot of memory for hungry applications.
For graphics, the Intel's i7-4800MQ processor comes with integrated HD Graphics 4600, which is good by itself, but Lenovo has added an NVIDIA Quadro K2100M with 2GB of RAM to increase graphics performance and provide professional level graphics output.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Temperatures, Cooling and Noise]
- Page 4 [Bundled Software]
- Page 5 [BIOS]
- Page 6 [Keyboard and Screen]
- Page 7 [Accessory Port Layout and Upgrading]
- Page 8 [Testing Methodology]
- Page 9 [CPU and Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Power Consumption and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm teases 48-core processor on 10nm process
- Watch Shigeru Miyamoto play Mario's theme song on guitar
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive update enhances audio
- BitFenix reveals new enthusiast Shogun PC case
- Nintendo's Super Mario Run mobile game is online-only
- Asrock J3355M doesn't power on (mostly)
- ASUS Maximus Ranger not detecting my GPU
- x99 Taichi gets WHEA 17 errors and BSOD124
- Dk-q1 / dk-q1h
- asrock 880g pro3 codes E8>54>19
- BIOSTAR announces new motherboard features
- ADATA releases updated SC660H and SV620H 3D NAND external SSDs
- BitFenix announces the Shogun chassis with ASUS Aura support
- Bluetooth 5 specification now available, 4x Range, 2x Speed
- Zadak511 reveals SHIELD Series with RGB DDR4 RAM and RGB SSD