In what seemed a matter of time, we had an idea WD was right around the corner from releasing their very own 6TB storage solution. While we did not think it would be from the WD Red lineup, it is here and I am sure others are right around the corner as well.
The new WD Red brings to market the very first 6TB purpose built for NAS storage solutions. With this, WD has also increased the bay count to a maximum of eight in a tower installation or 16 bays if you have the new WD Red Pro.
As with all WD Red solutions, the 6TB carries on the 24x7 reliability of the brand, and introduces NASware 3.0, further enhancing compatibility with NAS systems, while offering improved performance.
Specifications, Pricing and Availability
Looking at the slide above, you can see the list of features for the new 6TB Red. WD has added StableTrac to the 5TB and 6TB Red models, while keeping with the IntelliPower scheme the Red has always enjoyed. This time around, NASware has been upgraded to version 3.0, as mentioned above, while WD has a focused manufacturing and testing process for the Red lineup.
The MSRP of the WD Red in the 6TB capacity is set at $299.99. In addition to this, WD has released a 5TB capacity for $249.99; both drives carry a three-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and ATTO Benchmarks]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4K Random Performance & Latency]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Sequential Performance & Latency]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - Workloads & Workload Latency]
- Page 7 [Power Consumption]
- Page 8 [Final Thoughts]
- Page 9 [Revisited: WD Red 6TB v2]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- ARCHOS unveils its Diamond Tab 4G/LTE tablet
- Impressive! 1 billion people used Facebook in just one day
- Valve is bundling Rocket League with the Steam Controller
- Acer is welcoming a takeover of the company after share prices tumble
- HTC will have a 'limited number' of Vive VR headsets this year
- MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Lightning Video Card Review
- Buffalo WXR-1900DHP DD-WRT NXT AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- ASRock Extreme4 x99 boot failure with more than 2 G.SKILL F4-3000C15D-16GRBB
- [Share]Lorkag GOP updater tool for AMD and NVIDIA VBIOS
- AMD Radeon R9 Nano Preview - Fiji and HBM Go Under the Shrink Ray
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20