The Lantronix SLB is designed to save space and lower the cost of managing distributed IT environments. Combining two solutions, serial port management, and power control into a 1U hybrid device in a slim 1U form factor accommodates even the densest of deployments. The serial port provides an easy to use management interface that spans all types of computing hardware, and even heating/cooling and alarm systems. This wide range of applications allows the Lantronix SLB to control every component found in a typical branch office. Multiple gateways, via internet and modem, provide a fail-safe in case the networking equipment in the remote location is the source of the problem.
The management features of the SLB streamlines response time and eliminates most physical visits to the remote location. Remote management and troubleshooting minimizes costly downtimes and speeds up problem diagnosis. If there is a hardware problem that requires maintenance or replacement, the SLB provides a means of diagnosing the problem remotely to insure delivery of the correct equipment prior to the service call. This speeds up recovery from hardware-related failures.
The Lantronix SLB supports numerous security and authentication protocols to prevent unwanted access and has customizable permissions to manage user privileges. These robust authentication and security features are a must-have for secure locations and systems that handle sensitive data. The Lantronix SLB also provides very detailed audit logs to meet compliance requirements.
In our use, we found the Lantronix SLB to be user-friendly and easy to configure. The robust feature set provides an easy portal for management of our server equipment. We utilize the Lantronix SLB during normal onsite operations as well. The ability to selectively power down different pieces of equipment is very helpful when swapping components in the servers.
The management interface is a bit daunting at first glance, simply due to the robust feature set that allows for control of every aspect of SLB operation. When we began working with the SLB, we found the menus to be intuitive and easy to understand, and the SLB is easy to manage once acquainted with the system.
While offsite, the Lantronix SLB is simply outstanding. While covering a recent event in Seoul, South Korea, we could log in and manage our TweakTown lab in Kansas with no problems at all. When utilized in tandem with the SpiderDuo remote KVM/IP, we can expand the functionality of the SLB even further. Look to these pages soon for an evaluation of the SpiderDuo.
Lantronix has been in business since 1989 and is a trusted manufacturer of networking and communications solutions for machine-to-machine applications. The ease of use and superior functionality of the Lantronix SLB is backed by a five-year warranty, and wins our TweakTown Best Features Award.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ARMS sells over 100,000 copies in Japan in first week
- Titanfall 2 may hit 6K on Xbox One X with 100% GPU usage
- Take-Two relents on singleplayer GTA mods
- 47% of gamers spend money while playing games
- MSI Afterburner now has hardware plot graphics
- Computer freeze and audio buzz issue
- AZZA Photios 250 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Team T-Force Dark ROG DDR4-3000 16GB Memory Kit Review
- GA-X58A-UD3R wake on lan problem
- In Win 301 Mini-Tower Chassis Review
- Logitech Circle 2 will be compatible with Amazon Echo Show
- Synology introduces DiskStation DS1517 and DS1817
- Deep Silver and 4A Games are proud to announce Metro Exodus
- Microsoft premieres Xbox One X, world's most powerful console
- Phison gears up for mobile phone market with PS8226 3D NAND eMMC 5.1 controller