The Lantronix SLB is designed to save space and lower the cost of managing distributed IT environments. Combining two solutions, serial port management, and power control into a 1U hybrid device in a slim 1U form factor accommodates even the densest of deployments. The serial port provides an easy to use management interface that spans all types of computing hardware, and even heating/cooling and alarm systems. This wide range of applications allows the Lantronix SLB to control every component found in a typical branch office. Multiple gateways, via internet and modem, provide a fail-safe in case the networking equipment in the remote location is the source of the problem.
The management features of the SLB streamlines response time and eliminates most physical visits to the remote location. Remote management and troubleshooting minimizes costly downtimes and speeds up problem diagnosis. If there is a hardware problem that requires maintenance or replacement, the SLB provides a means of diagnosing the problem remotely to insure delivery of the correct equipment prior to the service call. This speeds up recovery from hardware-related failures.
The Lantronix SLB supports numerous security and authentication protocols to prevent unwanted access and has customizable permissions to manage user privileges. These robust authentication and security features are a must-have for secure locations and systems that handle sensitive data. The Lantronix SLB also provides very detailed audit logs to meet compliance requirements.
In our use, we found the Lantronix SLB to be user-friendly and easy to configure. The robust feature set provides an easy portal for management of our server equipment. We utilize the Lantronix SLB during normal onsite operations as well. The ability to selectively power down different pieces of equipment is very helpful when swapping components in the servers.
The management interface is a bit daunting at first glance, simply due to the robust feature set that allows for control of every aspect of SLB operation. When we began working with the SLB, we found the menus to be intuitive and easy to understand, and the SLB is easy to manage once acquainted with the system.
While offsite, the Lantronix SLB is simply outstanding. While covering a recent event in Seoul, South Korea, we could log in and manage our TweakTown lab in Kansas with no problems at all. When utilized in tandem with the SpiderDuo remote KVM/IP, we can expand the functionality of the SLB even further. Look to these pages soon for an evaluation of the SpiderDuo.
Lantronix has been in business since 1989 and is a trusted manufacturer of networking and communications solutions for machine-to-machine applications. The ease of use and superior functionality of the Lantronix SLB is backed by a five-year warranty, and wins our TweakTown Best Features Award.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Apple hits record sales with their Apple Watch
- Uber is opening an advanced AI lab
- Surgeon Simulator ER is out on Steam and PSVR
- ESA extends ISS participation to 2024
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Will this Build be Quite, Small and powerfull ?
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand