Installation and Management
The compact 19" 1U Lantronix SLB was easy to install into the server rack with the included brackets. We turned on several power outlets to power the networking equipment, and then configured the IP address via the front panel LCD.
We connected to the network via a Cat-5 cable and plugged in our equipment to the power ports. The primary and secondary power inputs have retention clips to keep the power connectors snug even in high-vibration environments.
A typical deployment consists of the SLB installed as a top-of-rack solution in a server rack or cabinet. These configurations are typically installed in branch office wiring closets. The SLB can control all devices with RS-232 serial console ports, such as Linux, UNIX, and Windows servers (2003 and higher), and VPN, router, PBX, and switches.
The SLB manages other devices with serial ports, such as heating/cooling systems, security/building access systems, UPS, and medical devices. The system is administered from a remote location via the internet, or dial-up modem (PSTN) if the internet is unavailable.
A larger deployment can utilize the Lantronix SLM/vSLM for management. The SLM/vSLM is a master control center that provides a centralized point of access and common administration interface. The two connection methods are via the internet and a wired telephone network (PSTN).
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- N64 Mini hinted by new Nintendo trademark
- ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Extreme announced, ready for Ryzen
- Terminator 2 on 4K Blu-ray includes T-800 arm replicate
- Intel's new 12C/24T CPU: slower clocks than ThreadRipper
- ARCTIC's Liquid Freezer: ready for Ryzen ThreadRipper
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Transcend ESD220C 120GB Portable SSD Review
- Need help getting backup bios to work z77 d3h
- AMD hits Intel where it hurts with Ryzen ThreadRipper
- Lexar JumpDrive Tough 64GB USB 3.1 Flash Drive Review
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4
- MSI releases special motherboard BIOSes for Crypto-currency Mining
- Qualcomm files patent infringement complaints against Apple with International Trade Commission and Federal Court