Installation and Management
The compact 19" 1U Lantronix SLB was easy to install into the server rack with the included brackets. We turned on several power outlets to power the networking equipment, and then configured the IP address via the front panel LCD.
We connected to the network via a Cat-5 cable and plugged in our equipment to the power ports. The primary and secondary power inputs have retention clips to keep the power connectors snug even in high-vibration environments.
A typical deployment consists of the SLB installed as a top-of-rack solution in a server rack or cabinet. These configurations are typically installed in branch office wiring closets. The SLB can control all devices with RS-232 serial console ports, such as Linux, UNIX, and Windows servers (2003 and higher), and VPN, router, PBX, and switches.
The SLB manages other devices with serial ports, such as heating/cooling systems, security/building access systems, UPS, and medical devices. The system is administered from a remote location via the internet, or dial-up modem (PSTN) if the internet is unavailable.
A larger deployment can utilize the Lantronix SLM/vSLM for management. The SLM/vSLM is a master control center that provides a centralized point of access and common administration interface. The two connection methods are via the internet and a wired telephone network (PSTN).
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017