Crucial MX100 256GB SSD
The MX100 ships in a full color retail package.
Inside the package we found a paper manual with instructions on how to download Acronis True Image HD (and the activation key), the SSD and a 7mm to 9.5mm adapter shim.
The MX100 case is the same used on Crucial's M550 flagship model and doubles as a heat sink for the Marvell controller, DRAM and NAND flash.
The MX100 is a 7mm design so the drive will fit in a growing number of Ultrabook designs that are too thin for a full height 9.5mm SSD. Crucial does ship a black plastic shim that increases the drive height to the standard 9.5mm and required for some drive sleds.
To increase performance, Crucial used sixteen NAND flash packages.
Paired with the Micron 16nm flash is a Marvell controller, the same used on the flagship M550.
It's safe to say that Samsung's new V-NAND is the most advanced flash on the market now with its vertical structure, but Micron getting to 16nm lithography is also impressive.
This model also includes power loss protection.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- LG's new speakers have Google Home, Multiroom support
- Resident Evil 7 is a solid return, very positive reviews
- LG's new G6 smartphone looks freakin' beautiful
- Apple's new 5K display has issues with new MacBook Pro
- Nintendo Switch games lineup: a visual guide
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017
- Team Group Gaming Series, T-FORCE XTREEM took the world record for overall highest frequency DDR5260.8MHz