Crucial MX100 256GB SSD
The MX100 ships in a full color retail package.
Inside the package we found a paper manual with instructions on how to download Acronis True Image HD (and the activation key), the SSD and a 7mm to 9.5mm adapter shim.
The MX100 case is the same used on Crucial's M550 flagship model and doubles as a heat sink for the Marvell controller, DRAM and NAND flash.
The MX100 is a 7mm design so the drive will fit in a growing number of Ultrabook designs that are too thin for a full height 9.5mm SSD. Crucial does ship a black plastic shim that increases the drive height to the standard 9.5mm and required for some drive sleds.
To increase performance, Crucial used sixteen NAND flash packages.
Paired with the Micron 16nm flash is a Marvell controller, the same used on the flagship M550.
It's safe to say that Samsung's new V-NAND is the most advanced flash on the market now with its vertical structure, but Micron getting to 16nm lithography is also impressive.
This model also includes power loss protection.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Lightning Z in detail
- Intel preparing AIO liquid cooler for enthusisats
- Intel Core i9-7980XE: 18C/36T chip costs $2000
- Scale 'The Great Wall' to take home a Blu-ray on us!
- Western Digital reveals two 64-layer 3D NAND SSDs
- Intel Introduces X299, Kabylake-X, and Skylake-X
- Lian Li PC-Q25B - distance between stand and edge of case
- LaCie Bolt3 2TB Thunderbolt 3 Review
- Asrock X99 Extreme11 reports only 48GB instead of 64 GB
- H270m Pro4 Can't boot with my SSD, stuck on splash
- HyperX expand DDR4 memory with higher density kits up to 4,000MHz
- Western Digital to deliver world's first client solid state drives with 64-layer 3D NAND technology
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card