Up until now, VIA PT880 motherboards have been somewhat of a second class product. Designed badly or very little overclocking has seen them fall to the back of the pack. Finally someone has taken up the VIA cause and given them a fair go.
The ABIT VT7 is what we have come to expect from ABIT - quality, reliability and overclockability are all present, however, we are not accustomed to value based motherboards from ABIT. Normally we expect to see a Gigabit Ethernet or a Silicon Image SATA RAID controller and Firewire but this motherboard is plain Jane with some overclocking bite.
If you are looking for a motherboard with heaps of features, you won't find what you want in the VT7. However, if you're looking for a super overclocking motherboard on a budget with the ABIT name, the VT7 is right for you and will give you what you are looking for in your Pentium 4 system. It's VIA PT880 done right.
No additional extras like Firewire or Gigabit Ethernet
Poor power connector placement
Rating - 8.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Performance Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Airbus wants to start testing flying cars this year
- Pokemon GO generated an insane $950 million in 2016
- Nintendo Switch will have 'steady pacing of content'
- Faraday Future stops factory construction to afford CES
- Switch's paid online is made to attract third-party devs
- How to get larger than 2TB HD to work on GA-P35-DS4 Rev 2.0
- G skill Trident Z 32GB ( 2 x 16GB) DDR4 3000 Cas 15
- Intel 82579v - Code 10 - media disconnected
- 80mm or 92mm Fan for D8000-3
- p67a-ud3-b3 with u1d UEFI bios: pcie 4x works as 1x
- BIOSTAR announces Z270 motherboard lineup
- Immersion and Nintendo enter into agreement to bring Immersion's TouchSense Technology to the Nintendo Switch System
- LucidSound invites Nintendo Switch gamers to a new standard of powered audio with the LS20 Amplified Universal Gaming Headset
- Opera Neon envisions the future of web browsers
- Nintendo Switch launches March 3 at $299.99