Up until now, VIA PT880 motherboards have been somewhat of a second class product. Designed badly or very little overclocking has seen them fall to the back of the pack. Finally someone has taken up the VIA cause and given them a fair go.
The ABIT VT7 is what we have come to expect from ABIT - quality, reliability and overclockability are all present, however, we are not accustomed to value based motherboards from ABIT. Normally we expect to see a Gigabit Ethernet or a Silicon Image SATA RAID controller and Firewire but this motherboard is plain Jane with some overclocking bite.
If you are looking for a motherboard with heaps of features, you won't find what you want in the VT7. However, if you're looking for a super overclocking motherboard on a budget with the ABIT name, the VT7 is right for you and will give you what you are looking for in your Pentium 4 system. It's VIA PT880 done right.
No additional extras like Firewire or Gigabit Ethernet
Poor power connector placement
Rating - 8.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Performance Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Qualcomm's new Snapdragon X16 modem capable of 1Gbps over LTE
- Hitman is part of AMD's Gaming Evolved program, includes DX12 features
- Infinity Ward is working on the next Call of Duty, due late this year
- Kanye West begins showing off his new video game
- Today is the last day for free Google Drive storage offer
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives