Up until now, VIA PT880 motherboards have been somewhat of a second class product. Designed badly or very little overclocking has seen them fall to the back of the pack. Finally someone has taken up the VIA cause and given them a fair go.
The ABIT VT7 is what we have come to expect from ABIT - quality, reliability and overclockability are all present, however, we are not accustomed to value based motherboards from ABIT. Normally we expect to see a Gigabit Ethernet or a Silicon Image SATA RAID controller and Firewire but this motherboard is plain Jane with some overclocking bite.
If you are looking for a motherboard with heaps of features, you won't find what you want in the VT7. However, if you're looking for a super overclocking motherboard on a budget with the ABIT name, the VT7 is right for you and will give you what you are looking for in your Pentium 4 system. It's VIA PT880 done right.
No additional extras like Firewire or Gigabit Ethernet
Poor power connector placement
Rating - 8.5 out of 10 and TweakTown's "MUST HAVE" Performance Award
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Star Wars: Battlefront beta hits in October, features 20v20 chaos
- Get Ahead of the iOS 9 Curve: Create Your Own iPhone Apps
- NVIDIA secures 81% of the GPU market according to JPR
- eSports betting startup Unikrn gets backed by Ashton Kutcher
- Naughty Dog announces March 18, 2016 release for Uncharted 4 on PS4
- ASUSTOR AS5004T Four-Bay Consumer NAS Review
- Gigabyte G1 z170 Gaming 7 motherboard.
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20