ABIT's motherboard offerings are, in short, few and far between. While ABIT does a good gob to try and include every chipset of value in their portfolio, unlike companies like Gigabyte and the likes, there is usually only one motherboard based on these chipsets, unless they are an extremely good overclocker or have some extra merit.
VIA's PT880 chipset for the Pentium 4 platform has come out as one of the big guns. Designed to take on Intel's 875P chipset, it has thus proven to be more of the Intel 865PE killer. Designed to use Dual Channel memory, something VIA has been apposed to or a long time (since the introduction from its main competitors SiS, Intel and nVidia) it has been a necessity that VIA adopt the Dual Channel memory standards for optimal performance against its competitors.
Today we take a look at ABIT's take on the PT880 chipset. Let's see what ABIT adds to the party as they take on the Dual Channel Pentium 4 chipset from VIA.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft drop Shocktober sale a week before Halloween
- Nintendo Switch to have wide array of hardware add-ons
- Heavy Rain and Detroit developer experimenting with VR
- LG's new 5K display designed for latest MacBook Pro
- 3DS won't be cannibalized by Switch, says Nintendo
- ASRock C2550D4I Won't boot... again
- Getting a DK-04 3D Model
- Lenovo Ideapad Y900-17ISK Gaming Notebook Review
- How to upgrade front I/O Panel for V2100 to USB 3.0 or even 3.1
- AMD announces Radeon Pro 400 Series graphics processors
- G.Skill announces the RIPJAWS KM570 MX mechanical keyboard
- iBuyPower announces the Slate gaming desktop
- Fujitsu and Lenovo to explore global strategic PC cooperation
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications