It has been a few months since we have had any new storage solutions come through the lab here at TweakTown from Corsair. However, today that streak comes to an end, as the new Flash Voyager GTX comes to market.
The latest flash solution from Corsair is available in both 128GB and 256GB capacities. Marketing dictates performance of 450 MB/s read and 360 MB/s write depending on the benchmark used, while compatibility ranges from modern Windows operating systems to OS X and Linux. A unique feature of the new Flash Voyager GTX is the device supports TRIM and SMART commands due to its internal SSD controller.
MSRP of the Flash Voyager GTX in the 128GB flavour is listed at $129.99 with a five-year warranty.
Packaging for the Flash Voyager GTX carries capacity information at the top, with branding below.
The back of the packaging houses marketing numbers for the drive.
Looking over the drive, it carries a similar design to the GS, we reviewed a few months ago.
The Voyager GTX carries a capped design and of course the USB 3.0 port is appropriately colored.
The Flash Voyager GTX is factory formatted with the FAT32 file system, insuring compatibility between Windows and Macintosh computers. The usable capacity after formatting is 119GB.
In the previous image, we have our first set of tests with IOMeter. The Voyager GTX came in at 413 MB/s read and 192 MB/s write.
Next up we move to 4K with a QD of 8. As you can see above, the GTX did quite well pushing 27608 read IOPS and 7046 write IOPS.
Price/Performance again has us changing out the top spot. As you can see thanks to the great performance of the drive and excellent MSRP of $1.02 per GB, the Flash Voyager GTX takes top spot.
The Flash Voyager GTX is certainly among the top USB flash drives on the market today. While it isn't the quickest, as that honor goes to the Ventura Ultra from Mushkin, this drive is right there with it. Build quality seems to be top notch; the aluminium exterior holds internal components tight via plastic end caps, and the cap itself when placed on the drive is held tight as well.
Performance of the Flash Voyager GTX is quite good. As you could see in our testing with IOMeter, we were able to touch 413MB/s read and 192 MB/s write. On the other hand, we also found the Voyager GTX to take the top spot in price/performance.
MSRP for the Flash Voyager GTX in the 128GB capacity is set at $129.99 with a five-year warranty. Current market pricing can be found below.
PRICING: You can find the Corsair Flash Voyager GTX USB 3.0 128GB Flash Drive for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen with 12C/24T appears, excites us all so much
- AMD teases Radeon RX Vega is 'just around the corner'
- New 'Justice League' trailer comes together
- BMW teases the next 100 years of vehicle technology
- First mITX motherboard for AMD Ryzen has been revealed
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse