In the video below, we walk you through the various OSD menus.
Power consumption is measured at the wall with a blank Word document open and the monitor on as bright as it can go.
The BenQ XL2720Z sits in the middle of the pack, behind the ASUS PB2870 4K monitor and its chief rival, the AOC G2460PQU. The monitor consumes 25 watts when at full brightness. It will be interesting to see how its efficiency compares to that of the AOC G2460PQU.
We use a LX1010B light meter to measure brightness in Lux. The monitor is placed in the center of the screen on a blank Word document with the monitor at full brightness.
As you can see in the chart above, the XL2720Z is the second brightest monitor we've had the pleasure of testing. Coming in at 427 lux, the only brighter monitor is its main competitor, which produced 541 lux of light.
We use this as a way to measure a monitor's efficiency. It is simply the monitor's brightness divided by its power draw.
The BenQ XL2720Z again sits in the middle of the pack with a Lux-per-Watt rating of 17.1. The AOC, which was brighter and consumed more energy, came in just above the XL2720Z at 18 Lux-per-Watt.
The difference in power usage at full brightness is 5 watts, but we doubt you'd use the G2460PQU at full brightness. The slight decrease in efficiency is likely due to the monitor being three inches larger than the G2460PQU.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- BlackBerry announces KEYone, with Pixel's camera sensor
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications