Unboxing and Packaging
The XL2720Z comes in a fairly standard packaging setup. There is one minor difference that I feel makes a big difference. On the XL2720Z's packaging, you open the box along the big side (face), rather than one of the skinny sides. This makes removing the monitor much easier.
Inside the box, you'll see the panel comes wrapped in protective foam, which is centered in the box via Styrofoam to protect it from any bumps on the ride to your house. I actually believe I opened the wrong side of the box, as the cables and such are in the foam piece beneath the panel. To access them, you have to remove the foam panel, which causes them to fall out. Remember, it's important to see which side says "open" or "up."
The panel comes in three pieces, so some assembly is required. The monitor also comes with a leather-like cover to protect the monitor during travel or to keep dust off at your desk, and a full complement of cables for your connecting needs.
Assembly is simple. Place the stand part into the base and rotate. Lock together by turning the screw beneath in the direction indicated by the lock arrow (clockwise).
Once tight, simply hang the monitor on the stand and make sure it locks into place.
You can see the layout of the ports in the picture below.
From left to right, we have a USB port; a USB Type-B port; two HDMI ports; the DVI-DL port; a D-sub port; a DisplayPort 1.2 port; and a mini-USB port. The left side of the monitor features two USB ports and a headphone jack. The USB ports run off of the integrated USB hub.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen with 12C/24T appears, excites us all so much
- AMD teases Radeon RX Vega is 'just around the corner'
- New 'Justice League' trailer comes together
- BMW teases the next 100 years of vehicle technology
- First mITX motherboard for AMD Ryzen has been revealed
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- TPM issue with 970-D3P
- Extreme9 3 way crossfirex
- Kingston HyperX Savage 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse