With the exception of the added optical bay, this will be a photocopy of the older design. The circles you see are protruding into the drive bay to act as a guide for the rail system. There is no chance of misaligning a drive since it slides all the way back between the circles and clicks securely into place. Kinda reminds us of the KISS system (Keep It SSimple Stupid).
Moving down the bay tower brings us to the FDD bays. Of course, you won't have any need to access it from this angle since it is removable, but this way you can see what you're getting up front.
Our final destination when moving down the tree brings us to the hard drive bays. Again, we see an update from past designs; namely space for five drives. For those hardcore enthusiasts, this gives you space for a full 4-drive RAID plus a single drive for booting the operating system. Also improved is the retention system for the drives.
We again see a rail system for mounting the drives, but it is different than what we may be used to seeing. This particular design has becoming more popular of late and for good reason. It allows you to remove a single tray for hard drive mounting and then it snaps back into place. Lets look at it from another angle.
When mounting the drives into the system, you use the bottom mounting holes instead of those on the side. You can either mount them directly to the tray by using the four small screw holes, or get some rubber grommets and mount them that way for extra protection against drive vibration during use.
I would have liked to see those rubber grommets come standard with the case, but they were not included so must be an option you have to pay a bit more for. Regardless, I recommend getting them since it pretty much eliminates drive vibration rattling the case and making more noise.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Dogs 2 confirmed for 2017, releasing with the new South Park
- Total War: Warmahmmer trailer shows off the majestic Empire campaign
- Ubisoft confirms no Assassin's Creed for 2016
- Need for Speed coming to PC in March, 4K and unlocked framerate
- Telsa's new 'Summon' feature parks, and retrieves your Model S vehicle
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Debug 62
- Asrock z97e-itx/ac Bifurcation Support
- Intel Compute Stick "2" STK1AW32SC 2GB Windows 10 Review
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance