Also of note is the rail system used to mount optical drives. The removal of the front bezel shows all of the rails conveniently stored for use, but you won't have to remove the bezel to get at the rails. Lets take another look from a different angle.
Each protective cover, which is easily snapped into or out of the case, stores a pair of rails. Remove the cover plate and you have ready access to the rails you'll need to install that drive or peripheral. This helps keep things in place when you need them instead of having to dig through that box of spare parts to find some more rails (yes, I've been there and done that too).
Moving to the side of the enclosure shows a nice and spacious window. This is an optional addition and you can get the standard solid side cover if you're in a mind to handle your own case modding. You can get a side-mounted fan but this is an option. Also available is a top mounted fan, but again, this is an option and not standard.
Design-wise, this looks like a page from history. Everything right down to the lockable side-latching device is the same as the older 601 series design. But even if it is the same, it still functions as well as the original.
The back of the enclosure is pretty standard fare, but with current motherboard designs you're not allowed a whole lot of leeway in this area. You still have to be able to install the system, after all.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ESA extends ISS participation to 2024
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Titanfall 2 infographic reveal interesting information
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand