Also of note is the rail system used to mount optical drives. The removal of the front bezel shows all of the rails conveniently stored for use, but you won't have to remove the bezel to get at the rails. Lets take another look from a different angle.
Each protective cover, which is easily snapped into or out of the case, stores a pair of rails. Remove the cover plate and you have ready access to the rails you'll need to install that drive or peripheral. This helps keep things in place when you need them instead of having to dig through that box of spare parts to find some more rails (yes, I've been there and done that too).
Moving to the side of the enclosure shows a nice and spacious window. This is an optional addition and you can get the standard solid side cover if you're in a mind to handle your own case modding. You can get a side-mounted fan but this is an option. Also available is a top mounted fan, but again, this is an option and not standard.
Design-wise, this looks like a page from history. Everything right down to the lockable side-latching device is the same as the older 601 series design. But even if it is the same, it still functions as well as the original.
The back of the enclosure is pretty standard fare, but with current motherboard designs you're not allowed a whole lot of leeway in this area. You still have to be able to install the system, after all.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at PLE Computer's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Naughty Dog announces March 18, 2016 release for Uncharted 4 on PS4
- Google is trying to make 4K video less demanding on your connection
- FBI says companies lost $1.2B due to email scams since October 2013
- Qualcomm's next chip will use machine learning to detect malware
- Intel teases 100TB or larger SSDs for 2020
- Kingston DataTraveler microDuo 3C USB 3.1 Type-C Flash Drive Review
- PC-Q01/PC-Q03 Sizing Questions
- USB 3.0 header availability for PC-C37?
- Clean install windows 10 after being an insider
- Corsair Hydro H110i GTX High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- CYBERTRONPC ANNOUNCES SMALL FORM FACTOR SYSTEM WITH AMD R9 NANO GRAPHICS CARD
- SilverStone Storage Devices - Mobile Series - MS08
- ASRock Z170 OC Formula Sets More Records at IDF 2015 San Francisco!
- ATTO Technology to Display Network and Storage Connectivity Portfolio at VMworld 2015
- SilverStone Accessories - Expansion Cards - ECM20