Also of note is the rail system used to mount optical drives. The removal of the front bezel shows all of the rails conveniently stored for use, but you won't have to remove the bezel to get at the rails. Lets take another look from a different angle.
Each protective cover, which is easily snapped into or out of the case, stores a pair of rails. Remove the cover plate and you have ready access to the rails you'll need to install that drive or peripheral. This helps keep things in place when you need them instead of having to dig through that box of spare parts to find some more rails (yes, I've been there and done that too).
Moving to the side of the enclosure shows a nice and spacious window. This is an optional addition and you can get the standard solid side cover if you're in a mind to handle your own case modding. You can get a side-mounted fan but this is an option. Also available is a top mounted fan, but again, this is an option and not standard.
Design-wise, this looks like a page from history. Everything right down to the lockable side-latching device is the same as the older 601 series design. But even if it is the same, it still functions as well as the original.
The back of the enclosure is pretty standard fare, but with current motherboard designs you're not allowed a whole lot of leeway in this area. You still have to be able to install the system, after all.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel's unreleased 18-core Xeon CPU hits eBay for $999
- In case you missed it. ARK: Survival Evolved updated on Xbox One
- Twitch users spent 241 billion minutes watching games in 2015
- Samsung's huge 18.4-inch Galaxy View tablet drops to $449.99
- Google possibly making all-in-one, self-powered VR headset
- OCZ TRION 150 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Any advice on redeeming Asus Promotions?
- Extreme Problem (not alone)
- Cougar 450K Hybrid Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- more a what's your opinion on motherboard replacement re: asus 1225b
- Phanteks Announces the Eclipse P400 and P400S Chassis
- ESL Hearthstone Legendary Series returns to Intel Extreme Masters Katowice 2016
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Horus GK2000 Gaming Keyboard
- Logitech Announces the G810 Orion Spectrum Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
- ADATA Reveals HD650X and HD710M USB 3.0 External Hard Drives