In addition to the S23 we reviewed recently, Lexar has added another flash storage solution to their portfolio.
The Lexar S33 carries the same colorful characteristics as the previous S23 and the same capacity options of 8GB to 128GB. Marketing for the 32GB model we have in-house claims 100 MB/s read and 55 MB/s write. Compatibility of the S33 extends to modern Windows operating systems and OS X.
MSRP of the Lexar S33 in the 32GB flavor is listed at $49.99 with a three-year warranty.
Packaging for the S33 houses the drive in the center with marketing information to the right.
The back of the packaging does give a little information on the S33.
The Lexar S33 carries a similar small footprint to the S23.
As you can see above, the Lexar S33 uses a hinged design.
The Lexar S33 is factory formatted with the FAT32 file system, ensuring compatibility between Windows and Macintosh computers. The usable capacity after formatting is 29.8GB.
CrystalDiskMark results for the S33 came in at 114 MB/s read and 37 MB/s write.
Price/Performance put the Lexar S33 just above the recently reviewed S23 at 55 percent.
The Lexar S33 is a unique flash drive and one of only a few I have seen to use the hinged design. The build quality seems to be quite good, and all of the materials seem to have minimal tolerances.
Performance of the Lexar S33 is ample, with 114 MB/s read and 37 MB/s write. However, with the current MSRP being set at $49.99 for the tested 32GB model, I feel it may be too much for the performance included.
Current market pricing can be found below.
PRICING: You can find the Lexar S33 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The Lexar S33 (32GB) retails for $26.18 at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Get Trained (and Certified) in Cloud Computing for $39
- Take to the campaign trail with The Political Machine 2016
- Rise of the Tomb Raider's latest patch improves HBAO+, and more
- Twitter has shut down over 125,000 accounts for promoting terrorism
- Google AI, Go champ match will be broadcast live on YouTube in March
- The Hateful Eight (2015) Cinema Movie Review
- SSD compatibility
- ASrock z170 extreme 7+ Post code 00
- Apacer Panther DDR4-2666 16GB Dual-Channel Memory Kit Review
- Gigabyte GA-x79-UP4 rev1.0
- HIDEO KOJIMA AND GUILLERMO DEL TORO CONFIRMED AS D.I.C.E. SUMMIT KEYNOTE SPEAKERS
- Toshiba Introduces the Next Generation OCZ Trion 150 Series Solid-State Drive Series
- Thermaltake Kicks Off 2016 MFC (Modding Fighting Championship)
- AMD Offers New Thermal Solutions and New Processors for Reliable, Near-Silent Performance
- Thermaltake and First Green Partner Aria PC Technology Join to Promote the Smart Power Management (SPM) Platform