The graphics industry is known for quarterly performance enhancements and upgrade introductions. It is rare for a mainstream consumer graphic card manufacturer to be taking a plunge into specialized performance and feature video cards. From their turbo-clocked Radeon 9600 XT to their arctic-cooled 9800 Pro, HIS continues to surprise us with innovative products. Here today with the TweakTown Canadian Labs is HIS's brand new Dual DVI Radeon 9600 - that's right, a Radeon 9600 with dual native DVI outputs and an impressive 256MB of RAM.
Today, many businesses house multiple computers with LCD monitors galore. With DVI as the native LCD signal transmission format, it is only the next logical step for companies to manufacture dual DVI output graphic cards. Without having to use a VGA to DVI converter, you can expect better response times and even better image quality as a result. As logic would tell us, keeping a signal in its native format without going through a conversion (or two) only produces better results. LCD's should love this card.
Sporty boxes, flashy graphics and logo-plagues can be found with this card, as with all HIS products. Being a massive European manufacturer, HIS takes its foreign markets seriously. Finishing touches are detailed and paid much attention to.
Does this card perform better under the stress of dual LCD monitors than generic VGA/DVI graphic cards from competing manufacturers? Does the 256MB RAM boost truly provide a leg up on competitors? How does this card perform in the latest DX9 games? All this we will find out - Read on!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 1 [Introduction]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 2 [In the Box and The Card]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 3 [Real World Performance Usage]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, 3DMark03 and Aquamark3]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Halo PC and Call of Duty]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Prince of Persia and Jedi Knight Academy]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Das Keyboard takes $20 off keyboards, $0 shipping for holiday sales
- Remedy has finished the 'shivering' end scene in Quantum Break
- Razer injects chromatic flavor into Lenovo's new gaming PC lineup
- NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 900 series price drops for the holidays
- Rumor: Sony unlocks PS4's seventh core to boost performance
- New ASUS Notebook: Event Log flooding with Event ID 17 warnings from WHEA-Logger
- Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide Graphics Performance Tweak Guide
- NEed help setting bios
- Sharp GX-BT7 2.1-Channel Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Review
- D-Link DCS-2630L 1080p Ultra-Wide View IP Wi-Fi Camera Review
- BRAVEN Balance, the Active Lifestyle Bluetooth Speaker Now Available
- COGITO FIT WINS DESIGN FOR ASIA AWARD
- SP/ Silicon Power Announces Flagship CompactFlash Memory Card - Superior CF 1100X Born For Ultimate Performance
- Team Group Announces Neptune Gaming SO-DIMM Memory
- Cooltek Announces the Skall Series ATX Mid-tower Chassis