The graphics industry is known for quarterly performance enhancements and upgrade introductions. It is rare for a mainstream consumer graphic card manufacturer to be taking a plunge into specialized performance and feature video cards. From their turbo-clocked Radeon 9600 XT to their arctic-cooled 9800 Pro, HIS continues to surprise us with innovative products. Here today with the TweakTown Canadian Labs is HIS's brand new Dual DVI Radeon 9600 - that's right, a Radeon 9600 with dual native DVI outputs and an impressive 256MB of RAM.
Today, many businesses house multiple computers with LCD monitors galore. With DVI as the native LCD signal transmission format, it is only the next logical step for companies to manufacture dual DVI output graphic cards. Without having to use a VGA to DVI converter, you can expect better response times and even better image quality as a result. As logic would tell us, keeping a signal in its native format without going through a conversion (or two) only produces better results. LCD's should love this card.
Sporty boxes, flashy graphics and logo-plagues can be found with this card, as with all HIS products. Being a massive European manufacturer, HIS takes its foreign markets seriously. Finishing touches are detailed and paid much attention to.
Does this card perform better under the stress of dual LCD monitors than generic VGA/DVI graphic cards from competing manufacturers? Does the 256MB RAM boost truly provide a leg up on competitors? How does this card perform in the latest DX9 games? All this we will find out - Read on!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 1 [Introduction]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 2 [In the Box and The Card]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 3 [Real World Performance Usage]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, 3DMark03 and Aquamark3]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Halo PC and Call of Duty]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Prince of Persia and Jedi Knight Academy]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 7 [Conclusion]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- R.I.P. Bill Paxton 1955-2017
- Iconic Nokia 3310 is now official and comes with Snake
- LG G6 is official with Snapdragon 821 and 18:9 display
- Intel scrambles, emails tech media over Ryzen reviews
- Qualcomm Snapdragon X50: supporting 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G
- Will the PC-Q17 ever be released in the U.S?
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- LG unveils new G6 with a large fullvision display tailored to fit in one hand
- Introducing LG XPower2 with high capacity battery designed for demanding users
- Enjoy incredible performance of AMD RYZEN with BIOSTAR X370GT5 motherboard
- COLORFUL introduces iGameGTX1080 X-TOP-8G Advanced video card
- Team Group introduces its fastest SSD for gamers with T-FORCE CARDEA M.2 SSD