The graphics industry is known for quarterly performance enhancements and upgrade introductions. It is rare for a mainstream consumer graphic card manufacturer to be taking a plunge into specialized performance and feature video cards. From their turbo-clocked Radeon 9600 XT to their arctic-cooled 9800 Pro, HIS continues to surprise us with innovative products. Here today with the TweakTown Canadian Labs is HIS's brand new Dual DVI Radeon 9600 - that's right, a Radeon 9600 with dual native DVI outputs and an impressive 256MB of RAM.
Today, many businesses house multiple computers with LCD monitors galore. With DVI as the native LCD signal transmission format, it is only the next logical step for companies to manufacture dual DVI output graphic cards. Without having to use a VGA to DVI converter, you can expect better response times and even better image quality as a result. As logic would tell us, keeping a signal in its native format without going through a conversion (or two) only produces better results. LCD's should love this card.
Sporty boxes, flashy graphics and logo-plagues can be found with this card, as with all HIS products. Being a massive European manufacturer, HIS takes its foreign markets seriously. Finishing touches are detailed and paid much attention to.
Does this card perform better under the stress of dual LCD monitors than generic VGA/DVI graphic cards from competing manufacturers? Does the 256MB RAM boost truly provide a leg up on competitors? How does this card perform in the latest DX9 games? All this we will find out - Read on!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 1 [Introduction]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 2 [In the Box and The Card]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 3 [Real World Performance Usage]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, 3DMark03 and Aquamark3]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 5 [Benchmarks - Halo PC and Call of Duty]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 6 [Benchmarks - Prince of Persia and Jedi Knight Academy]
- HIS 9600 Dual DVI - Page 7 [Conclusion]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Tesla P85D smashes two Motorsport cars in drag race
- Riot considers G2A sponsorship ban, asks teams to follow suit
- DICE says there will be no microtransactions in Star Wars Battlefront
- This tool allows you to use your taskbar on any multi-monitor setup
- Be Quiet! launches its Silent Base 600 chassis with insulation
- I Was Wondering If Someone Could Help Me With Driver Issue For SATA3 z97
- PhotoFast i-FlashDrive MAX 32GB USB iOS Flash Drive Review
- SSI EEB support for Lian Li high end chassis
- Need help with a build
- Force M7 Thor Mouse does not wake system?
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent
- DOK SOLUTION UNVEILS CR09, 2 DEVICE CHARGER/CRADLE/CLOCK/SPEAKER/RADIO WITH 'SCD TECHNOLOGY' (SMART CURRENT DETECTION), NO MORE OVERCHARGING!
- FIRST CELLULAR ANDROID WEAR SMARTWATCH PREVIEWED AT LG EVENT
- LG UNVEILS V10, A SMARTPHONE DESIGNED WITH CREATIVITY IN MIND
- Marvell Teams Up with Google to Enable Chromecast 2.0 and Chromecast Audio