Inside the Urban T81
We took the larger panel and lifted it off the pin-style hinges at the back to make life easier. The front door could be removed, but requires unscrewing hinges and whatnot. We also see the wiring is bundled well, and there is just a hint of that hardware box in the lowest drive tray.
This pair of 5.25" bays is setup with tool-free mechanisms in place, but they also allow for screws to be used on both sides. The cool part about these bays is that by removing six thumbscrews on each bay, they can be completely removed the case.
Moving down a bit, we find eight drive trays in three racks. Two of the racks will allow three drives each, while the last one holds just two. Each tray is drilled for 3.5" and 2.5" mounting, and there is also a little tray mounted at the left that allows for two more drives, and we will show that a bit later.
This is one way to improve airflow. Everything about the front bays is removable, right down to the plate that the HDD racks are locked into. Also, since the cages can be screw mounted, they can be arranged any way you desire. If access is an issue for water cooling, the bar closest that has the door latches in it can also be temporarily removed.
Pulling the top off the chassis gives you a much better sense of what sort of room is offered in here. Not only will a multitude of fans go in here, but you can even hide 30mm thick radiators in here too.
With seven places to run the wiring to the motherboard, and a huge access hole, this motherboard tray is ready to make life simple during the build process. There are no tie-points in the traditional sense, but there are round holes in strategic places, along with the clip system that does very well for maintaining wires.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dishonored 2 live-action gameplay trailer looks awesome
- Sony hires new director for the 'Uncharted' feature film
- 'Indiana Jones 5' loses co-creator George Lucas
- Unlock Android N's full potential with this top course
- Xiaomi's VR headset looks good and costs only $29
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards