Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology, and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article.
With stock clocks applied to the CPU, and Aida64 stress test running, the Voltair topped out at 49 degrees, taking fourth place overall, and a very promising start. So far the claims to best liquid cooling options, more specifically AIOs, are in fact true.
Funny enough, when the overclock was applied, the Voltair shows its weakness. As with the V10, even with a ton more area than what the Voltair offers, there isn't enough to correctly cool the TEC in our opinion. While 73 degrees is far from failing, it falls behind every AIO on the chart, and is bested by much more economical choices too.
Noise Level Results
At this point, we are supplying the fans with 7.5V, and via software reporting, we see these fans are spinning at 1380 RPM. At this time, the fans are only audible within a foot of the cooler, and only have a rating of 28dB.
The noise level with the fans now running at 1770 RPM with 12V supplied to them was a pleasant surprise. Even with well over 200 CFM of air flow rushing through this cooler, the 52dB reading is far less than we initially expected.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- WikiLeaks: Apple gives customers' data to governments
- ZOTAC has your back with GTX 1070-powered VR GO backpack
- ZOTAC's new Sonix PCIe 480GB SSD reads at 2.8GB/sec
- Halloween Sale: Under $7 for Evil Within & Mad Max
- ZOTAC's new mini PC packs full-sized GeForce GTX 1080
- GIGABYTE Z170X-UD3 Ultra Motherboard Review
- Micro SDXC card Strontium vs Sandisk vs Samsung
- MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti Gaming X 4G Review
- BP2SATA - Do I need to connect both power ports?
- HyperX ALLOY FPS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Toshiba's SAS SSDs provide secure storage for NetApp FAS and E-Series arrays for enterprise applications
- Simplygon enables future of virtual development with open access to software
- Lenovo debuts commercial desktops and notebooks featuring 7th generation AMD PRO processors
- BIOSTAR unveils its GeForce GTX 1060 dual-fan video cards
- Manli announces GeForce GTX 1050 Gallardo Series video cards