Test System Setup
To see our testing methodology, and to find out what goes into making our charts, please refer to our CPU Cooler Testing and Methodology article.
With stock clocks applied to the CPU, and Aida64 stress test running, the Voltair topped out at 49 degrees, taking fourth place overall, and a very promising start. So far the claims to best liquid cooling options, more specifically AIOs, are in fact true.
Funny enough, when the overclock was applied, the Voltair shows its weakness. As with the V10, even with a ton more area than what the Voltair offers, there isn't enough to correctly cool the TEC in our opinion. While 73 degrees is far from failing, it falls behind every AIO on the chart, and is bested by much more economical choices too.
Noise Level Results
At this point, we are supplying the fans with 7.5V, and via software reporting, we see these fans are spinning at 1380 RPM. At this time, the fans are only audible within a foot of the cooler, and only have a rating of 28dB.
The noise level with the fans now running at 1770 RPM with 12V supplied to them was a pleasant surprise. Even with well over 200 CFM of air flow rushing through this cooler, the 52dB reading is far less than we initially expected.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Enter our 'Ghost in the Shell' Blu-ray giveaway
- Snap's Spectacles are now available on Amazon
- Xbox worth $9 billion, 53 million Xbox LIVE users
- Essential phone to be more than a month late
- Intel accuses Qualcomm of monopolistic behavior
- Asus laptop BIOS does not recognize UBCD-post page is grayed out - can't post
- Bloody AL90 Blazing Laser Gaming Mouse Review
- Cryptocurrency mining deflates, used GPUs hit eBay
- G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4-3600 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock X299 Taichi Motherboard Review
- Atari announces Blade Runner 2049 partnership with NECA and Audiowear, launching wearable technology that blurs the line between fashion and future
- BIOSTAR introduces the world's first 8-slot PCI-e mining motherboard with the TB250-BTC+
- HyperX unveils HyperX Alloy Elite and TKL HyperX Alloy FPS Pro mechanical gaming keyboards
- Toshiba Memory Corporation develops world's first 3D flash memory with TSV technology
- ADATA releases XPG GAMMIX line with S10 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1.2 SSD and D10 DDR4