Voltair High Performance Thermoelectric CPU Cooler Continued
Getting back to the fins, we almost forgot to address that each fin has many dimples added to them to break up the airflow, causing disturbances to make each fin more efficient than if it were left flat. It may also be a good time to address that Molex connection in the last few images that also needs to be connected to power the TEC.
Here we address the four 8mm diameter heat pipes that are gently bent without kinking them to make sure the wicking effect of each pipe is kept optimal. From here, it is also easier to see the various diameters of the holes and dimples applied into the outer fins, as well as in the fins of the TEC cooler in the middle.
The base of the cooler ships with a protective sticker on it, but we want to touch on the mounting here. In the aluminium sections at the top and bottom, there are two holes to accept the screws to attach brackets for mount it to the motherboard.
V3 uses a direct touch method on their base. The gaps are thin in the middle, and there are still visible milling marks from where the aluminium and copper were levelled together. Aside from the gaps, against a razor there is very little, if any deviation across the surfaces.
Just in case you still don't get the concept, this image should help. The inner cooler sits atop the hot side of the TEC, and uses those fins to keep the TEC cooled. Obviously, the gap in the middle is where the TEC is located, and with another base screwed into the sandwich, the cool side of the TEC is now cooling the heat pipes of the outer cooler to attempt to deliver a more efficient cooling experience.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Set sail with 'Moana' in our latest Blu-ray giveaway!
- MSI makes its GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X official
- StarCraft remastered announced by Blizzard
- The first sign of Kaby Lake X: the Intel Core i7-7740K
- AMD Ryzen with 12C/24T appears, excites us all so much
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Kong: Skull Island Movie Review
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse