Voltair High Performance Thermoelectric CPU Cooler Continued
Getting back to the fins, we almost forgot to address that each fin has many dimples added to them to break up the airflow, causing disturbances to make each fin more efficient than if it were left flat. It may also be a good time to address that Molex connection in the last few images that also needs to be connected to power the TEC.
Here we address the four 8mm diameter heat pipes that are gently bent without kinking them to make sure the wicking effect of each pipe is kept optimal. From here, it is also easier to see the various diameters of the holes and dimples applied into the outer fins, as well as in the fins of the TEC cooler in the middle.
The base of the cooler ships with a protective sticker on it, but we want to touch on the mounting here. In the aluminium sections at the top and bottom, there are two holes to accept the screws to attach brackets for mount it to the motherboard.
V3 uses a direct touch method on their base. The gaps are thin in the middle, and there are still visible milling marks from where the aluminium and copper were levelled together. Aside from the gaps, against a razor there is very little, if any deviation across the surfaces.
Just in case you still don't get the concept, this image should help. The inner cooler sits atop the hot side of the TEC, and uses those fins to keep the TEC cooled. Obviously, the gap in the middle is where the TEC is located, and with another base screwed into the sandwich, the cool side of the TEC is now cooling the heat pipes of the outer cooler to attempt to deliver a more efficient cooling experience.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Rogue One' captures plans for $1B worldwide box office
- Huawei P10: Curved display and front fingerprint sensor?
- For Honor PC requirements revealed
- Take a closer look at the Xbox One's 28nm APU die
- New images of the upcoming LG G6 leaked
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- hp printer technical support
- How to prevent pc from waking up from sleep when a brown out occurs?
- Transcend reveals industrial-grade SuperMLC JetFlash 740 USB flash drive for exceptional performance and endurance
- Light up your gaming with BIOSTAR B250 motherboard series
- MSI the pioneer in VR Gaming crowns winners of VR JAM
- NGE and Twitch partner to bring the Overwatch Winter Premiere Live Finals to PAX Arena at PAX South
- Bayview Labs, Seraph Group and MIT Game Lab announce 'Play Labs' VR/AR/AI Playful Tech Accelerator for MIT students and alumni