HD Tune PRO - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.55
We put together a nice collection of drives for the 1TB class charts today. The 840 EVO 1TB is missing, Samsung never sent one but we did have a 750GB model and included it in the charts. The other drives are all 1TB class with the SanDisk Extreme PRO 960GB next to the 850 Pro. In our Extreme PRO review, we determined that SanDisk produced the first hyper performance 1TB class SATA SSD. Hot on it's heels comes the new Samsung 850 Pro 1TB class SSD. For the most part, this will be a showdown between these two new, and very fast drives.
The Samsung 850 Pro 1TB delivered a solid performance when reading from the entire user LBA range. The average 64KB read was 469.6 MB/s with the maximum and minimum in very close proximity.
The 64KB write sequential write test shows why the SanDisk and Samsung 850 Pro products are in another league when compared to the other drives on the chart. The 850 Pro is a little faster here and delivers the same consistent performance as the Extreme PRO.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 22.214.171.124
In years past, we've observed Samsung SSDs losing a lot of sequential write performance after a reasonable amount of random write load. The 850 Pro 1TB, and even the 128GB model does much better this time around.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel rocked to its Core over Ryzen, price drops begin
- Corsair's Lighting Node Pro: taking control of your LEDs
- Project CARS 2 latest screenshots look amazing
- BlackBerry announces KEYone, with Pixel's camera sensor
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- Blind BIOS update both backup and main BIOS chips are empty
- Main and backup BIOS are damaged or wipped
- Halo Wars 2 Xbox One Review
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications