The Seagate Desktop HDD 6TB is one of the most impressive drives when it comes to performance. Apart from the hiccups seen in random write workloads the drive really cements itself as the performance leader in the consumer market. Putting this drive up against all the 4TB solutions we have seen over the last year and half, I was pleasantly surprised to see it surge past the performance of the WD Black and yet do it using less power.
Build quality of the drive seems to be quite good, there were no workload stopping clicks or crashes during testing. Though during testing I did notice this drive does get a bit on the hot side, so it would be a good idea make sure you have adequate airflow for operation. Then who can blame it, it does have six platters spinning at 7200 RPM inside.
With those six platters I also assumed there would be a bit more noise to the drive, but remarkably it was a pretty silent solution. Running the drive through all workloads produced very minimal noise.
Overall, the 6TB Desktop HDD from Seagate is a great solution and reason for all of us to dump our low capacity drives and start enjoying both high capacity and high performance in one solution!
The Seagate Desktop HDD 6TB in kit form carries an MSRP of $299.99 with a two-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6's 'compelling' story will focus on Master Chief
- AMD Radeon RX Vega bundled with Quake Champions
- Nintendo won't be at E3 2017
- AI to replace over 50% of ALL jobs in the next 10 years
- Acer Predator X27 gaming monitor: 4K, 144Hz, HDR, G-Sync
- Cutting LED-Strips - LED50RGB-2
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives