Over the past few months, Seagate has been hard at work bringing higher capacity drives to the enterprise sector. With the expansion of their portfolio to include five and six terabyte models, these drives have now started to trickle down to consumers.
The ST6000DX000 is Seagate's first consumer 6TB hard drive to hit the market. Like the 6TB Enterprise Capacity v4, the Desktop variant includes the same six-platter design with an increase in areal density up to 643 Gbits/ square-inch. This along with a hefty 128MB of multi-segmented cache and 7200 RPM spindle speed gives the new Desktop HDD 6000GB a performance advantage over the previous 3 and 4TB models.
With that said, it should be noted that this drive in its bare form isn't available on the market. When doing a bit of research it appears this drive doesn't exist at all. However, you can get your hands-on the Desktop HDD 6TB in kit form at many online retailers.
Specifications, Pricing and Availability
As stated above, this drive, if we go by the model number ST6000DX000, which is printed on our drive, this unit doesn't exist on the market at this time. However, if we put two and two together we can get an idea of the specifications of this drive. Looking at the above image, of the Enterprise Capacity v4 specifications we can deduce that our consumer model carries similar features. Of course the nonrecoverable read errors per bit read will be 10^14 instead of the 10^15 listed for the Enterprise model. Warranty for this drive, as expected will be the standard two-years Seagate places on all consumer drives.
The Seagate Desktop HDD 6TB in kit form carries an MSRP of $299.99 with a two-year warranty.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- How to build dynamic web apps with Angular JS
- Samsung Galaxy S8 rumored to rock a 4K display
- Google rumored to acquire Twitter, news to break soon
- No Man's Sky now has less than 1000 players on Steam
- Doom update adds Deathmatch, private matches
- Lian Li O Series Multiple Expansion card support
- asrock fatality h170 performance red light on bios and not monitor output no beeps
- Anidees AI Crystal Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Ram upgrade and settings
- GIGABYTE X150M-PRO ECC Xeon Motherboard Review
- Antec and Razer team up to co-brand a new Mini-ITX gaming chassis
- Samsung Electronics accelerates the NVMe era for consumers with its highest performing 960 PRO and EVO Solid State Drives
- Lighting is in the Aer: NZXT launches Aer RGB, premium LED PWM fans
- Syber Gaming delivers VR and 4K-ready 'C Series' small form factor gaming PC
- HyperX Gears of War gaming headset shipping now