8k Random Read/Write
Server workloads rely heavily upon 8k performance and we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our server tests also measure 8k performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8k random read speed of the 12Gb/s SAS Seagate Enterprise Capacity v4 averages 264 IOPS at QD256, SATA v4 tops out at 260 IOPS, and the SAS HGST Ultrastar He6 averages 262 IOPS. This is 37 IOPS faster than the SATA He6, and again signifies just how much faster the SAS He6 is in these workloads.
The SAS v4 averages 280 IOPS, the SATA v4 leads with an average of 289 IOPS at QD256, and the He6 offers up a considerably slower 232 IOPS.
The SATA v4 once again takes the lead as we mix in more write activity.
Power consumption for the SAS v4 averages 10.8 Watts, the He6 averages a miserly 7.6 Watts, and the SATA v4 averages 10.5 Watts.
All three drives fall into a predictable profile for read and write power efficiency, with the SAS and SATA v4 at the bottom and the He6 occupying the top of the charts.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Seagate Enterprise Capacity v4 Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and File Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Honor 8 successor comes with 6GB of RAM and 128GB ROM
- Nokia hints at Snapdragon 835 powered smartphone
- Resident Evil 7's Windows 10 PC port is a big mess
- Project Scorpio in playable state, games 'play great'
- 400 million PS4 games, 54.4 million PS4 consoles sold
- Z170X Gamming 5 - Sata Expansion alternatives
- Gigabyte (Business) Partner Questions
- Upgrading to Z270
- headphones not registering on ASUS k501uq
- Black screen GA Z170X ULTRA GAMING BIOS F21 I7 6400 T HELP
- AVerMedia's AVerCaster HEVC RS9280 brings 3G-SDI to professional 4K HEVC video
- Thermaltake reveals new Riing Plus 12 LED RGB radiator fan TT Premium Edition Radiator Fan with Riing Plus RGB Software
- Call of Duty World League (CWL) presented by PlayStation 4 invades Texas with CWL Open Event
- PAX South attendees can play Nintendo Switch before it launches
- Acer unveils versatile and robust TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook at BETT 2017