HD Tune PRO - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.55
This is a fun capacity size for us to look at because it's rapidly changing right now. Several manufacturers released new products in the last month. Some of the products focused on performance, others on cost, and none were as fast as the Extreme PRO.
SanDisk's use of 64Gb size die pays off in this capacity size as it delivers exceptional performance. In this series of tests, we start to wear the flash down. Before writing to the drive, we read from the user available LBA range to see formatted read performance on a fresh drive. The Extreme PRO 240GB outperforms the other drives on the chart, some by a large margin.
It's not difficult for the latest batch of consumer SSDs to read data quickly, but when writing to the full user capacity, the drives start to fan out. Here we easily see the performance leaders, the mid-tier, and the true bottom of the barrel drives. The Extreme PRO is in the first group, but we should point out that the Extreme II is actually a little faster in these early sequential tests.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 220.127.116.11
After a reasonable number of random data writes to the drive, we tested the Extreme PRO 240GB in HD Tach to see the effect on sequential performance. This is an area where we've observed many new to market SSDs run into performance issues. The smaller capacity size drives with 128Gb die have problems because of the Yahtzee Effect. We'll post a detailed explanation about this in the coming weeks.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Huawei launches new nova 2 with dual rear camera
- Nintendo shares skyrocket to 8-year high
- Alienware Aurora reach reasonable price for Memorial Day
- GTA Online earns big for Take-Two
- Red Dead Redemption 2 built from scratch for consoles
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017