HD Tune PRO - Sequential Performance
Version and / or Patch Used: 4.55
With the drive in a clean state, we start to wear the flash down with a read and write across the full span of the user LBA area. This test really starts out the whole theme of the Extreme PRO; it's a cut above every other drive on the market. In HD Tune Pro, using 64Kb sequential reads, the drive delivers an average of 473.5 MB/s. The top end of the same is 474 MB/s, and the other end is 468.5 MB/s.
Writing data is what wears the drive's flash down to a steady state. Even in this test at a queue depth of one, you can see the other drives start to lose performance as the write speeds 'wave' up and down as blocks take the first writes. Two drives on the chart, the Extreme PRO and Extreme II, produce the tightest write speed group.
HD Tach - Sequential Write Performance after Random Writes
Version and / or Patch Used: 18.104.22.168
Here we see the Extreme PRO 480GB SSD's sequential test after a reasonable number of random writes. At the time of the test, the drive is managing garbage collection in order to write the new 128Kb data to the flash. The write performance drops to 225 MB/s in one area, but for the most part, the write speeds hover between 300 MB/s and 350 MB/s.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel working on next-gen Xeon with 32C/64T of power
- Xbox boss: first-party Project Scorpio games 'critical'
- Apple rumored to consider purchasing Disney
- In Win launches X-Frame 2.0, tou 2.0 Signature chassis
- Uber suspends self-driving car tech after Arizona crash
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Just finished my PC-011 Build
- ASUS M51Vr Notebook. Long story.
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse