8k Random Read/Write
Server workloads rely heavily upon 8k performance, and we include this as a standard with each evaluation. Many of our server workloads also test 8k performance with various mixed read/write workloads.
The average 8k random read speed of the 845DC EVO is 52,731 IOPS. The Micron M500DC is 48,034 IOPS at 256 OIO, and the Intel DC S3500 measures 44,444 IOPS. The 845DC EVO provides impressive read speed, but does not beat the M500DC by nearly as large of a margin as observed with 4k random read activity.
All three SSDs exhibit a tight latency range during the 8k random read test.
The M500DC easily leads with an average of 23,852 IOPS. The 845DC EVO comes in second with 7,112 IOPS, and the DC S3500 averages 6,937 IOPS.
The M500DC owns the 8k mixed workload testing with a large lead during the test. While the 845DC EVO and the DC S3500 have a tighter performance profile, they are well below the M500DC.
Power consumption for the 845DC EVO averages 3.54 watts; the M500DC averages 4.77 watts, and the DC S3500 averages 3.75W.
The M500DC leads the efficiency test convincingly with 4,877 IOPS-per-Watt; the 845DC EVO averages 1,994 IOPS-per-Watt, and the DC S3500 averages 1,584 IOPS-per-Watt.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Samsung 845DC EVO Internals and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System and Methodology]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 4k Random Read/Write]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - 8k Random Read/Write]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 128k Sequential Read/Write]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Database/OLTP and Web Server]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Email Server]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Elon Musk teases Model Y for 'S3XY' lineup
- Samsung confirms that the Note7 isn't quite dead yet
- Apple iPhone 6s was the best-selling smartphone of 2016
- Rogue One looks great, even in a fan-made VHS commercial
- Intel working on next-gen Xeon with 32C/64T of power
- N3150-ITX Mini-PCI Express Slot
- Intel Optane Memory: What It Is and Why It Matters
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Gigabyte Aorus z270x Gaming 9 Motherboard Bios Code: bcc0
- New Mobo and my W10 Install?
- Elgato Stream Deck brings tactile control to live content creation
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse