In our last two USB hub reviews, we had the chance to look at a few of the latest products from Vantec. As you know, and I have stated before, Vantec has really put an intense amount of effort into revamping their product lines, and offering higher quality solutions for their consumers.
Today, we have the last of the three new USB 3.0 hubs from Vantec in-house, the seven-port hub with smart charging functions. This solution offers seven ports of USB 3.0, along with two more for charging your devices. The device is fully powered like previous solutions we have reviewed from Vantec, and is fully compatible with all devices with a USB port.
MSRP for the Vantec Seven-Port USB 3.0 Hub is set at $58.99, with a one-year warranty.
Packaging for the seven-port solution offers an image of the device to the right.
Scope of delivery includes the hub, power adapter, and USB 3.0 cable.
Here we take our first look at the Vantec hub. As you can see, the design follows closely to the four-port solution we reviewed recently. We have LEDs for each port, and smart charging ports below.
The seven-port solution carries the same dimensions as the ten-port solution due to the additional space needed for the smart charging.
The end of the hub houses the USB 3.0 input, and the power connection.
Performance of the hub was tested with a Samsung 840 Pro SSD plugged into the last port of the hub. As we have seen in previous reviews of Vantec hubs, performance is top notch. Again we reached the peak of USB 3.0 capabilities.
The Vantec Seven-Port USB 3.0 Hub is a great solution for those where the four-port isn't enough. Whether you need more USB 3.0 ports, or want a hub with a large amount of ports and charging capabilities, the seven-port offers both in one package.
Performance of the UGT-AH700U3 was exceptional; we found the device offering top-notch USB 3.0 speeds to our Samsung 840 Pro. In our testing we were able to reach 440 MB/s read, and 435 MB/s write.
MSRP of the Vantec Seven-Port USB 3.0 Hub is set at $58.99, with a one-year warranty. Current market pricing can be found below.
PRICING: You can find the VANTEC UGT-AH700U3 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The VANTEC UGT-AH700U3 retails for $50.24 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 4-player coop mode coming to Watch Dogs 2 in June
- The first images from the new Tomb Raider movie are here
- First 'IT' trailer brings Pennywise back to terrify
- ASUS announces GTX 1080 11Gbps, GTX 1060 9Gbps models
- MSI and ASUS tease new GTX 1080s with 11Gbps GDDR5X RAM
- ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Xtreme Edition 8G Review
- Cannot get rid of Asus Secure Delete
- NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler Review
- Window side panel for PC-V1020
- MSI announces frosty limited edition Trident 3 Arctic gaming PC
- ADATA adds the i-Memory AI920 jet black flash drive
- FinalWire releases AIDA64 Extreme 5.90 benchmark software
- ASUS announces support for Intel Optane memory
- Thermaltake releases new View 28 RGB Gull-Wing window ATX mid-tower chassis series with Tt LCS Certified and unique 256-color RGB matrix design