In our last two USB hub reviews, we had the chance to look at a few of the latest products from Vantec. As you know, and I have stated before, Vantec has really put an intense amount of effort into revamping their product lines, and offering higher quality solutions for their consumers.
Today, we have the last of the three new USB 3.0 hubs from Vantec in-house, the seven-port hub with smart charging functions. This solution offers seven ports of USB 3.0, along with two more for charging your devices. The device is fully powered like previous solutions we have reviewed from Vantec, and is fully compatible with all devices with a USB port.
MSRP for the Vantec Seven-Port USB 3.0 Hub is set at $58.99, with a one-year warranty.
Packaging for the seven-port solution offers an image of the device to the right.
Scope of delivery includes the hub, power adapter, and USB 3.0 cable.
Here we take our first look at the Vantec hub. As you can see, the design follows closely to the four-port solution we reviewed recently. We have LEDs for each port, and smart charging ports below.
The seven-port solution carries the same dimensions as the ten-port solution due to the additional space needed for the smart charging.
The end of the hub houses the USB 3.0 input, and the power connection.
Performance of the hub was tested with a Samsung 840 Pro SSD plugged into the last port of the hub. As we have seen in previous reviews of Vantec hubs, performance is top notch. Again we reached the peak of USB 3.0 capabilities.
The Vantec Seven-Port USB 3.0 Hub is a great solution for those where the four-port isn't enough. Whether you need more USB 3.0 ports, or want a hub with a large amount of ports and charging capabilities, the seven-port offers both in one package.
Performance of the UGT-AH700U3 was exceptional; we found the device offering top-notch USB 3.0 speeds to our Samsung 840 Pro. In our testing we were able to reach 440 MB/s read, and 435 MB/s write.
MSRP of the Vantec Seven-Port USB 3.0 Hub is set at $58.99, with a one-year warranty. Current market pricing can be found below.
PRICING: You can find the VANTEC UGT-AH700U3 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The VANTEC UGT-AH700U3 retails for $50.24 at Amazon.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Square Enix to embrace games as a service business model
- Red Dead 2 delay won't interrupt future Rockstar games
- Far Cry 5 co-op supports full campaign
- Far Cry 5: Everything you need to know
- EVGA teases its GTX 1080 Ti Kingpin, unveil at Computex
- Gigabyte z170 UD5: Question about Voltage Spikes/Offset
- ASRock AliveXFire-esata2 compatibility with Phenom II X4 980
- m4a88td-m/usb3 & Windows 10
- OWC ThunderBay 4 Mini Thunderbolt 2 Review
- Prey benchmarked: Radeon RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060
- Qualcomm fuels IoT growth by currently delivering more than 1 million chips a day into a wide range of connected applications
- Team Group announces theme for COMPUTEX 2017 showcase: go beyond the limit and reach for the top
- SAPPHIRE announces PULSE Radeon RX 560 graphics card
- ELITEGROUP computer to stand out at Computex for its smart campus deployment, robotic technology, education laptops, tablets, mini PC, and motherboards
- ADATA Shares a Symphony of Technology at Computex 2017