As of late, Vantec has been revamping their product line-ups, and their brand. In the past few months we have seen a higher attention to detail, and higher quality products being brought to the market from Vantec; and that continues today with Vantec's new lineup of USB 3.0 hubs.
The device we are looking at today follows our recent review of the ten-port hub from Vantec. The USB 3.0 hub we have today offers four ports of USB 3.0 connectivity, along with three additional ports with charging capabilities. Compatibility of the four-port hub from Vantec extends to any PC or Mac with a USB port; of course, you will want to use a USB 3.0 capable port for higher performance.
MSRP for the Vantec four-Port USB 3.0 Hub is set at $53.99, with a one-year warranty.
Packaging for the four-port solution from Vantec carries an image of the hub on the right.
The back of the packaging lists marketing information for the hub.
The scope of delivery includes the hub, power adapter, and a USB 3.0 cable.
Here we take our first look at the hub. As you can see, there are LED indicators for each port. The three charging ports follow the USB 3.0 ports, with each having its capabilities listed to the left.
Here you can see the profile of the hub.
The end of the hub houses the USB 3.0 port and power input.
Performance of the hub was tested with a Samsung 840 Pro SSD plugged into the last port of the hub. As you can see, we were able to reach 440 MB/s read, and 435 MB/s write.
The Vantec Four-Port USB 3.0 Hub is an excellent solution for those with multitudes of devices that need to be connected. The build quality of the Vantec is quite good; the aluminum enclosure offers ample durability, while having a certain aesthetic appeal.
As you can see, performance was quite good. We were able to reach the limits of USB 3.0, with our 840 Pro touching 440 MB/s read, and 435 MB/s write.
MSRP of the Vantec Four-Port USB 3.0 Hub is set at $53.99, with a one-year warranty. Current market pricing can be found below.
PRICING: You can find the VANTEC UGT-AH400U3 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The VANTEC UGT-AH400U3 retails for $45.85 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fallout 4 might be the killer game VR desparately needs
- Nintendo Switch affected by Middle East flight ban
- Switch JoyCon issue caused by 'manufacturing variation'
- Assassin's Creed: Empire latest leak is fake
- HMD Global wants Nokia in the top 3 phone manufacturers
- H170-PLUS D3 and i7 7700K, both new computer says nothing.
- AnyRactive GoTouch Portable Whiteboard Review
- Can't find thumbscrews in PC-O9
- Lost Audio on Asus GL753 VE-DS74 Laptop
- BIOSTAR GK3 good mech kb for starters?
- COLORFUL wins innovation award from Intel
- Composer Olivier Deriviere pioneers real-time generated interactive music for GET EVEN
- BIOSTAR launches compact high-speed storage solution with M200 M.2 SSD
- EpicGear launches MORPHA X RGB fully modular gaming mouse
- ASUS announces USB-AC53 Nano Wi-Fi adapter