As of late, Vantec has been revamping their product line-ups, and their brand. In the past few months we have seen a higher attention to detail, and higher quality products being brought to the market from Vantec; and that continues today with Vantec's new lineup of USB 3.0 hubs.
The device we are looking at today follows our recent review of the ten-port hub from Vantec. The USB 3.0 hub we have today offers four ports of USB 3.0 connectivity, along with three additional ports with charging capabilities. Compatibility of the four-port hub from Vantec extends to any PC or Mac with a USB port; of course, you will want to use a USB 3.0 capable port for higher performance.
MSRP for the Vantec four-Port USB 3.0 Hub is set at $53.99, with a one-year warranty.
Packaging for the four-port solution from Vantec carries an image of the hub on the right.
The back of the packaging lists marketing information for the hub.
The scope of delivery includes the hub, power adapter, and a USB 3.0 cable.
Here we take our first look at the hub. As you can see, there are LED indicators for each port. The three charging ports follow the USB 3.0 ports, with each having its capabilities listed to the left.
Here you can see the profile of the hub.
The end of the hub houses the USB 3.0 port and power input.
Performance of the hub was tested with a Samsung 840 Pro SSD plugged into the last port of the hub. As you can see, we were able to reach 440 MB/s read, and 435 MB/s write.
The Vantec Four-Port USB 3.0 Hub is an excellent solution for those with multitudes of devices that need to be connected. The build quality of the Vantec is quite good; the aluminum enclosure offers ample durability, while having a certain aesthetic appeal.
As you can see, performance was quite good. We were able to reach the limits of USB 3.0, with our 840 Pro touching 440 MB/s read, and 435 MB/s write.
MSRP of the Vantec Four-Port USB 3.0 Hub is set at $53.99, with a one-year warranty. Current market pricing can be found below.
PRICING: You can find the VANTEC UGT-AH400U3 for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The VANTEC UGT-AH400U3 retails for $45.85 at Amazon.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Radeon GPU tech will power Intel's next-gen iGPUs
- Titanfall 2 infographic reveal interesting information
- Apple's new MacBook Pro has crappy battery life
- Ben Affleck's solo Batman movie will arrive in 2018
- Battlefield 1's new update includes SLI fixes, and more
- Mouse skipping/jumping and audio stuttering
- [Bios problem, manual Vcore] Gigabyte Z170X Gaming 3-EU
- Strontium iDrive Nitro Lightning 64GB Card Reader Review
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand