4K – 3840 x 2160 Testing
4K monitors are the next step for gamers demanding the best in image quality. With four times the pixels of a standard 1920x1080 monitor (meaning four times the intensity), 3840x2160 brings with it a new level of intensity to video cards.
Wanting to make sure that you're buying the right video card for a monitor that offers such a large resolution, we test the latest and greatest video cards in a couple of benchmarks to give you an idea of just what kind of setup you require.
Due to 4K being a recent addition to our benchmarks, you can see the results are limited here. Under something like Heaven, that means it's a little difficult for us to know exactly how the card sits against the competition.
Under Sleeping Dogs, you can see that performance isn't too bad. The 58 FPS average, while short of that 60 FPS number we want, is extremely close.
While the minimum under Hitman Absolution isn't bad, you can see the average is just too low for the game to be playable.
Tomb Raider sees an average and minimum that is just too low for the game to be playable at this resolution.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Video Card Details and Specifications]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup & FPS Numbers Explained]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - 3DMark]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven & Phantasy Star Online 2]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks – Lost Planet 2 & Just Cause 2]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks – F1 2012 & Metro Last Light]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks – Dirt Showdown & Nexuiz]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks – Sniper Elite V2 & Sleeping Dogs]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks – Hitman Absolution & Tomb Raider]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks – BioShock Infinite & Battlefield 4]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 13 [Benchmarks – 4K – 3840 x 2160 Testing]
- Page 14 [Temperature & Sound Testing]
- Page 15 [Power Consumption Testing]
- Page 16 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch is now home to over 30 million gamers
- Nintendo sold 2.3 million NES Mini consoles
- Nintendo forecasts 10 million Switch sales this year
- Capcom's 2016 financials outline company's future
- Sony shipped about 60 million PS4s
- H97M Pro4 - Machine comes out of sleep mode when deactivated but monitor does not
- ASUS USB-AC53 Nano AC1200 Wireless Adapter Review
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives