Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts
ASRock has truly put together an awesome motherboard here. When you look it over, you feel like it has a lot going for it. The bundle is cool with the addition of software like XSplit. You then look at the features; Killer networking is nice, and we have some other ASRock specific features that round the list off. Along with that, we have the Super Allow and Gaming Armor that just tops everything off.
You go through it all and find yourself thinking that this is all around just a nice board. The fact that you can then pick it up for under $150 is what really slaps you in the face and opens your eyes wide open. The price is the icing on the cake. When you consider the value of XSplit and the $50 value behind the ASRock Cloud feature, it feels like you are getting the board for next to nothing.
It is tough to fault this board. At this price point, it is really a fantastic option. The color scheme is fantastic, and with the added software bonus in the bundle, it clearly stands out against the competition boards priced at a similar level. It is tough to talk about the overclocking side of things when compared to other offerings.
While our overclock is not as strong as our other boards with our previous-generation i7-4770K, it is in line with what most other people are achieving on the latest Intel processor. If you are looking for something at that mid-$100 price point, this is one of the best options we have looked at so far on the new Z97 chipset.
As you can probably tell, we cannot really say anything bad about this board. If this is your budget, then this is probably something you should be looking at. Of course, there are options with a lot more features and the like, but they are also a lot more expensive. ASRock seems to have really hit the nail on the head with this board when it comes to price, performance, and features. Just a "Killer" option for gamers!
PRICING: You can find the ASRock Z97X Killer Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing but can change at any time. Click the link to see the very latest pricing for the best deal.
United States: The ASRock Z97X Killer Motherboard retails for $185.85 at Amazon.
New Zealand: The ASRock Z97X Killer Motherboard retails for $289.99 NZD at Mighty Ape NZ.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [Motherboard Details]
- Page 3 [BIOS Images and Information]
- Page 4 [Test System Setup and Overclocking]
- Page 5 [CPU & System Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [USB 2.0, USB 3.0 & SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [Memory & Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [Temperature & Power Testing]
- Page 9 [Pricing, Availability and Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Amazon's WWII alternate reality series is chilling
- Halo 5 has gone gold, campaign clocks in at between 8-12 hours
- PlayStation 4 universal remote to release late October
- HD remastered 'X-Files' Bluray boxset announced
- Chrome is Windows 10 users' browser of choice
- Got a Gaming 9 ACK X99S MSI MB to trade ..
- Bootloop Issue with GA-Z97N-WiFi even after RMA
- D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Smart Home Water Sensor Review
- ga-z170x-UD5 m.2 raid and intel rst drivers will not let me install windows to the raid
- X99 Extreme 4 and Thunderbolt
- EVGA Gives Away Free Cooler Shroud Replacement to its HYBRID Series Owners
- Shuttle Offers Value Priced XPC Nano Small Form Factor PC
- MSI Announces the DS502 7.1 Gaming Headset with Active Noise-Cancelation
- Netgear Introduces Quad-Mode Business-Class Wireless-AC Access Points
- Nokia announces planned leadership and organizational structure for combined Nokia and Alcatel-Lucent