While not a completely tool-free process, Thermaltake has done a fair amount of work to make the use of tools minimal. One example of this is the removable drive bays. Both the FDD and HDD bays can be easily removed from the enclosure to allow easy installation of drives and components.
The FDD bay is removed by simply pulling back the top handle. The HDD tower comes out as a complete unit by unscrewing a thumbscrew at the base and pulling down on the lower handle pictured above. This makes it unnecessary to remove the far side cover to get at the back screws holding in your drives.
Installation of hard drives has never been a real pain, but the LANMOTO wants to make it even easier. After removing the HDD tower from the box, you simply secure the drive in place with thumbscrews. Not only that, each hard drive bay has rubber grommets mounted to take care of the extra noise caused by the vibration of the drive when it spins up.
Thumbscrews are certainly a nice touch, but we're not finished with them yet...
Those very same thumbscrews used to install hard drives are also used to mount the motherboard! They fit the standoffs perfectly and kept the motherboard firmly in place.
We talked a bit ago about the new PCI retention system. It is a simple method where the plastic clip is moved upward to allow access to a slot and then moved down again once the peripheral is in place. So how did it work?
Perfectly! Even with tall boards, the clip handled the job well. This very board was used to test out the Xaser series enclosures and I broke one clip to try to make it work and ended up using a screw to fasten it in a more conventional manner. With the new clip design used in the LANMOTO, I was able to install the board simply and effectively.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Switch to get 'continuous stream' of third-party games
- Nintendo 3DS isn't going anywhere
- Messenger Lite now available in 150 additional countries
- Nintendo sold 2.74 million Switch systems in first month
- Nintendo profits increase by 521%
- GIGABYTE Xtreme Gaming XTC700 CPU Cooler Review
- ASRock 990fx Extreme9 and NVMe support
- HDD to SSD
- Lenovo IdeaCentre Y710 Cube Gaming PC Review
- Synology RT2600ac Wireless Router Review
- Get ready for Intel Optane memory with ASRock 200 series motherboards!
- Acer unleashes the Predator Triton 700, a thin yet powerful gaming notebook without compromise
- Acer's new Predator monitors with quantum dot technology deliver spectacular gameplay experiences
- Acer expands its gaming notebook line with the powerful Predator Helios 300
- Western Digital ships fourth-generation Helium Hard Drive platform with Ultrastar He12 12TB advanced storage hard drives