Version and / or Patch Used: 7.0.1021
CPU Mark performance is a little all over the place here. You can see that at stock most of the results on the Intel i7 4790K are below the i7 4770K. Overclocking brings a decent little boost that brings it ahead at times.
While the overall Memory Mark is down on the Intel i7 4790K you can see that the Write performance along with the Cached and Uncached performance is all up.
Version and / or Patch Used: R11.5
CINEBENCH sees the Intel i7 4790K get a decent jump on the previous generation i7 4770K. It's not quite up there with the top LGA 2011 setups; but you can see it's heading in the right direction. As for overclocking you can see that it gives us a nice little performance bump which sees us climb into the double digit area.
Version and / or Patch Used: v3.4
While overclocking doesn't affect our overall Lightroom time much; you can see out of the box the Intel i7 4790K does an excellent job. Looking above you can see it gets a decent jump over the previous generation i7 4770K and is sitting around with the most expensive LGA 2011 options.
Version and / or Patch Used: v6.5
MediaEspresso sees a nice performance increase with a solid 3 minutes shaved off the overall encode time. Overclocking takes that time even further down coming in under 14 minutes which is below all our other setups here. Of course we're overclocked so that needs to be taken into account. The associated cost with some of the other processors, though, is something that also needs to be taken into account.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Apple buys company responsible for Star Wars motion-capture, Faceshift
- Reports claim Apple looks to OLED screens for 2018 phone release
- Google's Nest Cam never deactivates, claims researchers
- Take an Extra 15% Off All VPNs at TweakTown Deals
- Aussie Police crack down on phone use while driving
- heya! PC-A10 case parts?
- Enermax ETS-T40fit CPU Coolers Review
- Seagate Game Drive for PlayStation 1TB Review
- North Bridge Frequency Locked at 4300 on Fatal1ty X99M Killer/3.1 Board
- New SSD Connections and GA-Z87X-UD5H?
- CYBERTRONPC OFFERS TESSERACT 15 SK NOTEBOOK, NOW WITH 6th GEN INTEL PROCESSOR AND WINDOWS 10
- HERE and the Netherlands evaluating 4G/LTE-based C-ITS road messaging system
- Sony PLAYSTATION 4 (PS4) SALES SURPASS 30.2 MILLION UNITS WORLDWIDE
- Samsung Starts Mass Producing Industry's First 128-GIGABYTE DDR4 Modules for Enterprise Servers
- LG RAY DELIVERS LARGE HD DISPLAY AND BEST-IN-CLASS CAMERAS FOR 3G MARKETS