Version and / or Patch Used: 7.0.1021
CPU Mark performance is a little all over the place here. You can see that at stock most of the results on the Intel i7 4790K are below the i7 4770K. Overclocking brings a decent little boost that brings it ahead at times.
While the overall Memory Mark is down on the Intel i7 4790K you can see that the Write performance along with the Cached and Uncached performance is all up.
Version and / or Patch Used: R11.5
CINEBENCH sees the Intel i7 4790K get a decent jump on the previous generation i7 4770K. It's not quite up there with the top LGA 2011 setups; but you can see it's heading in the right direction. As for overclocking you can see that it gives us a nice little performance bump which sees us climb into the double digit area.
Version and / or Patch Used: v3.4
While overclocking doesn't affect our overall Lightroom time much; you can see out of the box the Intel i7 4790K does an excellent job. Looking above you can see it gets a decent jump over the previous generation i7 4770K and is sitting around with the most expensive LGA 2011 options.
Version and / or Patch Used: v6.5
MediaEspresso sees a nice performance increase with a solid 3 minutes shaved off the overall encode time. Overclocking takes that time even further down coming in under 14 minutes which is below all our other setups here. Of course we're overclocked so that needs to be taken into account. The associated cost with some of the other processors, though, is something that also needs to be taken into account.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Pokémon GO launches surprise Xmas updates this month
- Interview with Dov Moran, inventor of the USB stick
- Xbox One defeats PS4 in online Black Friday sales
- Mass Effect: Andromeda to support 21:9 UltraWide on PC
- New Lego Worlds game release scheduled for February 2017
- Gigabyte G1 Sniper Z170 Fan control & PWM issue
- Gigabyte gaming 5 z170mx cant enable raid need help
- ASUS UX305UA - time till boot starts varies a lot
- Ga z170m d3h ddr3-cf seek bios non-k_oc and kaby_support
- ROCCAT SOVA MK Gaming Lapboard Review
- Micron accelerates adoption of all-flash data centers with highest-capacity enterprise SATA Solid State Drive
- ENERMAX launches REVOLUTION SFX, with the highest wattage 650W full modular SFX Model in standard 100mm depth
- Intel Extreme Masters Season 11 finals confirmed for two weekends in March with more than $600,000 in prizing
- Ultimate Media Ventures teams up with The Coalition for sanctioned December 18 Gears Of War 4 Pro-Am eSports Battle On The Strip Event
- Thecus introduces Scale-Out architecture to meet rising enterprise storage demand