Version and / or Patch Used: 1.04
Starting off with PCMark 7 we can see the new Intel i7 4790K offers some strong performance. You can see it manages to outperform some of our older but more expensive processors as well. Overclocking helps boost performance slightly in both tests; but not by a major amount.
Version and / or Patch Used: 0.99
Hype Pi like above shows a nice performance increase as well against the lineup of processors we have here. Compared to the i7 4770K it's replacing the new 4790K shaves almost 30 seconds off our Hyper Pi time. That is then reduced nearly a minute more when we throw overclocking into the mix.
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.00.1035BETA
Looking at our AIDA64 CPU performance you can see that performance gains over the previous i7 4770K are very strong here with big gains across the board seen in both the CPU Cache Write and Read tests.
As for memory performance you can see we're slightly up across the board but not by a major amount. Overclocking as well sees little to no gain in performance here unlike the CPU Cache tests which manages to see a nice little bump in both areas.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tesla's Gigafactory shows huge progress in a new video
- Final Fantasy XV will support 8K resolution on PC
- Galaxy Note8 pricing to start at $950
- New Assassin's Creed: Origins trailers show epic scope
- Final Fantasy XV is the new Skyrim
- GIGABYTE X399 AORUS Gaming 7 TR4 Motherboard Review
- Linksys WRT32x AC3200 Wireless Gaming Router Review
- Massive drop in temps by lowering "VCCPLL OC" in BIOS: Is the reported temperature correct?
- Intel details 8th Generation Core CPUs with Kaby Lake-R
- Xbox's next system-seller may be an early access titan
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower
- Longsys' world-first 11.5x13mm NVMe BGA SSD drives new mobile user experience