Version and / or Patch Used: 1.04
Starting off with PCMark 7 we can see the new Intel i7 4790K offers some strong performance. You can see it manages to outperform some of our older but more expensive processors as well. Overclocking helps boost performance slightly in both tests; but not by a major amount.
Version and / or Patch Used: 0.99
Hype Pi like above shows a nice performance increase as well against the lineup of processors we have here. Compared to the i7 4770K it's replacing the new 4790K shaves almost 30 seconds off our Hyper Pi time. That is then reduced nearly a minute more when we throw overclocking into the mix.
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.00.1035BETA
Looking at our AIDA64 CPU performance you can see that performance gains over the previous i7 4770K are very strong here with big gains across the board seen in both the CPU Cache Write and Read tests.
As for memory performance you can see we're slightly up across the board but not by a major amount. Overclocking as well sees little to no gain in performance here unlike the CPU Cache tests which manages to see a nice little bump in both areas.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Genesis Alpha One is the 80s sci-fi game I always wanted
- iPhone 7 explodes, smoke coming out caught on video
- Mass Effect: Andromeda on PC is Origin exclusive
- Nintendo sues company for real life Mario Kart racing
- Horizon Zero Dawn launch trailer, first patches detailed
- Asus Zenfone 2 Laser 5.5s rear camera is not working
- ASUS ROG SWIFT PG258Q: Crazy Fast Gaming @ 1080p 240Hz
- Cannot access the BIOS on a laptop
- Extreme6 Z97 and Samsung M.2 EVO 960 setup
- BIOSTAR RACING B250GT5 Unboxing and User Experience
- ASRock launches a new era of performance with AMD Ryzen motherboards
- Nintendo eShop, Indie Games Ready for Nintendo Switch Launch
- Innovation and competition return to high-performance PCs March 2nd with worldwide AMD Ryzen 7 availability
- Final Fantasy awarded Guinness World Records title for most prolific role-playing game
- InstaVR launches publishing compatibility with HTC VIVE, cnabling companies to create high quality long-form VR video applications